2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try to make this short.
A co-worker has an '07 Chevy Duramax diesel p/u with about 3,000 miles on it.
The check engine light came on Friday but doesn't always stay on.
He took it to the dealer where he bought it, Lone Star Chevy, and they gave him a big run-a-round.

He lives on the west side, inside the beltway, and works downtown.

Does anyone have a suggestion or experience as to a good dealership (since it's under warranty) to take a diesel?

I told him the all-knowing 2Cool family would know. :)

Thanks,
Scott

·
Banned
135 Posts
He can take it to most any garage or full service oil change outfit and they can run a scan tool...it will pull any codes and they will look them up..at least he'll know why it's on-

They can clear them as well...takes all of 3-4 minutes tops

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is one of his complaints with Lone Star. They claimed there were no codes!
I think they just didn't know how to read them.

tmcmahon said:
He can take it to most any garage or full service oil change outfit and they can run a scan tool...it will pull any codes and they will look them up..at least he'll know why it's on-

They can clear them as well...takes all of 3-4 minutes tops

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Champion Chevy at Beechnut and Hwy 6. Talk to Mike Linder Service. Tell him Joey reffered you. He's been there 15 yrs, super good guy. I've done their towing for 4 years. That's good too know, I ordered a 08 Duramax from Lonestar, be here in August.

·
5,912 Posts
There is something different about the diesel and how you scan it. t At he dealer that I use the mech said the normal scanner won't work, unless and I don't remember the unless.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Standard factory air box and fuel filter.

I don't think he's added any after-market stuff yet.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is he in fleet service?

Because they wouldn't even talk to him in the non-commercial service department, made him drive around to the back to talk to the fleet service area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts