2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I need to borrow one to get the stats on pulling my 10K lbs all up Grady-White ........My 2008 LT2 5.3L Z71 has done a superb job pulling or when not .....no other could top it price/cost included ...............

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I need to borrow one to get the stats on pulling my 10K lbs all up Grady-White ........My 2008 LT2 5.3L Z71 has done a superb job pulling or when not .....no other could top it price/cost included ...............
I can promise you one thing, it'll be day and night different. I had a 2008 5 trucks ago, even the newer 5.3's will be a major upgrade. My brother is loving his new 1/2 Duramax, just wish i would've been more patient and bought one myself.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
My brother just bought a High Country loaded to the max, got a bunch of sticker as well. Said he got 29 first tank, not a bad start. Nothing but great reviews about this motor.
Mmmm ok! :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Pull transmission for timing belt / chain...come on man. LBZ still kicking will probably rust before any major mechanical issued.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Pull transmission for timing belt / chain...come on man. LBZ still kicking will probably rust before any major mechanical issued.

At what, a 200k interval? I like new technology, i had one of those LBZ's back in the day, was a good truck.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
150 I think. Yeah I'm looking at one with 230 (lbz). Current one is rusting out. My daily commuter is on its second timing belt change. Just wish they used a gear. That baby 1500 diesel looks nice but what dou you get over big block gas?

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
150 I think. Yeah I'm looking at one with 230 (lbz). Current one is rusting out. My daily commuter is on its second timing belt change. Just wish they used a gear. That baby 1500 diesel looks nice but what dou you get over big block gas?

Fuel mileage, low end torque. The 6.2 is going to get you 9-10 mpg less than the Duramax, and i think they are about equal in torque.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok guys here is an update. Ive put just under 3k miles on this truck and this was my last fill up numbers. Now please keep in mind I did about 75% of my driving between 55-75mph and the other 25% city driving not exceeding 45mph. Computer said my best 50 mile stretch was 27.9mpg with 566 miles driven and 22.6 gal used. By my calculations that was 25 mpg avg. This truck continues to impress and believe me if u have anything to pull under 7k lbs this truck will pull it like no other 1/2 ton on the market PERIOD! Sorry for the sideways pics.

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Congrats that's the first one I have ever seen without a CEL, seriously.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,308 Posts
nice ride for sure. My boat mechanic just bought and it is a nice truck. Lots of features and runs great. Sport mode impresses me and the tq is impressive. Like the level kit addition for sure..

·
Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,048 Posts
Fuel mileage, low end torque. The 6.2 is going to get you 9-10 mpg less than the Duramax, and i think they are about equal in torque.
I had a 2015 6.2 and it got 9 mpg not towing anything. It did have a 6'' lift with 20's & 35's.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I had a 2015 6.2 and it got 9 mpg not towing anything. It did have a 6'' lift with 20's & 35's.
Wow! I'm running 35's with 22" wheels on my Ford diesel and it's all stock. No lift and no rub. My cousin has 33.5" grapplers on his f-150 with just a leveling kit.

That's what I dislike about GM/Chevy, they sit low and they have those deep squared wheel wells that won't accommodate tires proportional to the truck. The stock tires always look too small for the truck.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to derail the topic here. What's the rear end ratio on the 1/2 ton Chevy diesel? And is it a 10 speed tranny like the new fords?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts