2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice trk, and I really like the color. Keep us updated on the performance. At some point I will put my 05 duramax to rest and I was leaning towards the 6.2.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've be considering getting one. Show a picture of under the hood. Curious how they are set up.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx guys! I'll get a couple more pics this evening when I get home. I can tell you that the mpg is almost spot on. 2 hr drive home from Houston last night with cruise set at 75 on 59S I got just under 31mpg. Pretty impressive so far. Really curious how well it tows my camper and bay boat.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went with the LTZ trim with everything minus the sunroof. Sticker was $59k and some change and the dealership took $15k off the truck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am a medical professional and that did help with some special offer they were running.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
My brother just bought a High Country loaded to the max, got a bunch of sticker as well. Said he got 29 first tank, not a bad start. Nothing but great reviews about this motor.

·
Life is hard, If your stupid it's harder
200 Posts
I've had one about a month. I have the RST & Z71 package. I pulled my Polaris Ranger to the deer lease and got 14.7mpg. My old Nissan Titan would get about 8-9mpg pulling the same setup. I also had a Ford 5.0 for a few months that would get about 10mpg pulling it. My sister has a Ford with a 3.5 eco boost, she pulled it to her ranch and told me she got 12.All these milages are pulling the Polaris on the same trailer. Ive averaged about 25-26 mpg since I've had it. The best I have gotten over a 25 mile period is 35mpg. That's using the truck computer, all though the first 1000 miles I was checking the computer the old fashioned way (calculator). This is the first truck I've owned that the computer gives a couple of tenths lower than what I figure using a calculator. The other trucks it's been the other way around. This motor and transmission pulls really well also. It pulls better than my 2006 Chevrolet, 2017 Nissan Titan and 2015 Ford F150. I have driven my sisters truck but haven't pulled anything with it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man Im glad to hear it! I took the boat to the coast this past weekend and averaged 13.8 mpg. This coming weekend will be the real test when we take the camper on a 2 hr trip. As of right now I couldn't be happier. I have 627 miles on the truck and my avg is 23.4, best 50 mile avg by the computer is 25.1. So far I'm very impressed with this little duramax.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got to the campsite and I'm sold on this baby duramax! 5300 lb camper 96 miles one way driving between 65-70 mph turning 1800-2100 rpms and the avg mpg was 12.2 and the fuel gauge is still reading full. I had a 2015 f250 diesel and pulling the same camper only got about 1mpg better and when the f250 was empty I never saw 25-30mpg. If any of yall are thinking about getting one of these trucks I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

·
Native Texan
10,973 Posts
My question is more torque than mpg. Did it handle the RV easily as far as sway etc? How about any hills?
Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the max on the torque curve for these trucks is 460ftlb @1500rpms and I pull with a sway bar and weight distribution hitch and the truck handles my camper better than my 2015 1500 5.3L and 2017 F150 3.5L ecoboost and it wasn't even close. Now that being said you know the camper is back there unlike the 3/4 ton or 1 tons but its also a $15-20k less on the drive out price too. Again, I'm beyond impressed with this truck so far.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As far as hills go I live on the coast and the campsite we went to is Splashway which is located in Sheridan and I wouldn't say i had any real hills on my trip. That being said I will be pulling the camper to Fredericksburg over Thanksgiving so I can give you a better update on how it handled the hillcountry then

1 - 20 of 47 Posts