2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use one of these? I bought a 300 model with the two abrasives and have ruined the edge on knifes I thought were dull. It seems no matter how I work the blade through the sharpener it comes out not much better than a butter knife. Are there any tricks to making this thing work? Did I get the wrong one? Or do they just s*#k?

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
I just threw away their manual version. Drove me crazy, I could work for 30 minutes to put a good edge on a knife that takes 3 minutes with a decent stone.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I have the 3 slot model too and love it - puts a great edge on a blade quickly.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I bought one. Piece of JUNK! I was looking for a Henckel sharpener. But bed,bath and beyond only had this wanna be sharpener! Cant even slice a tomato after using it.

·
Team Tailgunner
95 Posts
Chef's Choice

If you get the right one you can't go wrong with it. It is great for large skinning knives that are sometimes a pain in the ***** to try and sharpen on a stone. I've had mine for about three years now and would go buy another tomorrow if it broke. Just my 2cents.:D

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I do it the old fasion way with a stone and always love my results. one of my sheaths has a sharpener on the tip that is basically two stones embedded into the tip in a v shape, love it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I guess maybe its because I used it for Chefs knifes. I cook alot and I need a very sharp edge. I am sure it would probably work fine for a fillet knife

·
POC chunker
9,207 Posts
I've got one, and it works great. But only after I read the instructions and followed them. After you get the primary shape on stage 1, it never takes more than two passes on each side of the blade for stages 2 and 3. Moderate pressure on stage 2, light pressure on stage 3. The blade will easily shave hairs on your arm afterwards, chef, fillet, or pocket knife. BillS

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ask my wife to return the thing and get the one with three sharpeners instead of two. Hope it's better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts