1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been an AOL customer for 5 years. they offered me highspeed roadrunner
for the same 23.90 through time warner. for years now i have had roadrunner -
AOL.

Enter Comcast, they buy out time warner and i get my first bill 43.90 a month.
so i call them and say whats up with this. the lady tells me i had roadrunner lite. lol. it is only 3 g's of gobely goop and i have been upgraded to 8 g's of ??????. i said i did not order this upgrade and i want my 23.90 dollar 3 g's of gobely goop back. now perpetual hold. after what seemed like an hour she comes back and says they have a special for 19.90 with the 8 g's of ????.

ok so why is my bill 43.00 dollars if you offer it for 19.90.

perpetual hold again. digital music. she comes back and says a supervisor will have to call me back. thats been 2 hrs ago. still perpetual hold just no music.
CHECK THAT BILL IF YOU WER TIME WARNER
Randall :eek:hwell:

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
Gald you said that! I've had Time Warner for years. When they finally got it to 52.00 i called em and told em one more increase and i'm evacuating the area. They stopped for three years. Now enter Comcast. My bill went up 5 bucks to 57 and some change. And i'm lookin at what yore payin...needless to say i'm gonna be makin a phone call.

Biggie

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
JOHNNY QUEST said:
I have been an AOL customer for 5 years. they offered me highspeed roadrunner
for the same 23.90 through time warner. for years now i have had roadrunner -
AOL.

Enter Comcast, they buy out time warner and i get my first bill 43.90 a month.
so i call them and say whats up with this. the lady tells me i had roadrunner lite. lol. it is only 3 g's of gobely goop and i have been upgraded to 8 g's of ??????. i said i did not order this upgrade and i want my 23.90 dollar 3 g's of gobely goop back. now perpetual hold. after what seemed like an hour she comes back and says they have a special for 19.90 with the 8 g's of ????.

ok so why is my bill 43.00 dollars if you offer it for 19.90.

perpetual hold again. digital music. she comes back and says a supervisor will have to call me back. thats been 2 hrs ago. still perpetual hold just no music.
CHECK THAT BILL IF YOU WER TIME WARNER
Randall
Because many people will just pay it and never bother to look. Then offer the reduced price if they get caught jacking up the price for upgrades you did not request, just to make you feel better LOL. I would take the 19.90 and request credit for the unauthorized charges. In fact, with the service down as much as it was in July...we should be getting lots of credits. No phones, no internet or reduced quality of internet.

·
Yep...
752 Posts
That's Comcastic! :rolleyes::headknock I had a similar experience myself.

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
bill said:
Because many people will just pay it and never bother to look. Then offer the reduced price if they get caught jacking up the price for upgrades you did not request, just to make you feel better LOL. I would take the 19.90 and request credit for the unauthorized charges. In fact, with the service down as much as it was in July...we should be getting lots of credits. No phones, no internet or reduced quality of internet.
The Comcast technician was just at my house this morning due to no phone service since last week. He said that when Comcast switched over, they did not switch over every needed for the modems to work. I have been demanding a credit for my bill for no service and also a credit for my cell phone bill since they have forced us to use it over our minutes.
As far as a supervisor calling back, don't hold your breath! I was told the same thing and they never called.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I spent a half hour on the phone with Comcast yesterday. I was calling to report a cable problem for my mom. She was without cable off and on last weekend and again most of yesterday. They the switch for her area had been completed and it was something else causing the problem at the senior apartments. They said the soonest they could get out would be in 6 days. That's ridiculous. Time Warner was much better than that. Sadly, many of these people are homebound and have nothing but their tv for entertainment. I did let them know we weren't getting a very nice welcome to their service. The phone is answered by "Thank you for choosing Comcast". NOT! We didn't have a choice!

Rainy

·
Registered
246 Posts
Had the same issue a while back and filed with the BBB. Nothing came of it other than when I called Time Warner and had to get RR, they gave it to me at the 6-month special rate. I learned to like the RR since it didnt require logging into AOL to get online. A lot of people have been having issues with Comcast and I have to say I actually like it so far and have not had any issues.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
They raised my bill also. so I called them about it and they said that since I have been a good customer for so long they will give me the 19.90 price for six months. I think I will be switching in about..........6months.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
i've been on aol for almost 10 years and time-warner for 5 years. i've had cable tv and internet (roadrunner) for $59.00 for several years. as soon as comcast took over, my bill suddenly became $89.00/month. i'm in the process of ridding myself of comcast. i do not want them as my internet and television provider.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
mastercylinder said:
i've been on aol for almost 10 years and time-warner for 5 years. i've had cable tv and internet (roadrunner) for $59.00 for several years. as soon as comcast took over, my bill suddenly became $89.00/month. i'm in the process of ridding myself of comcast. i do not want them as my internet and television provider.
Oh yeah, what's your alternative DSL and satellite? Here on Galveston West beach the only high speed is cable.

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well they didn't call back so i called them back and vented.

they deducted $34.76 from my bill and gave me the new rate of 19.90+tax.

Comcasts rate for high speed internet is 43.90 + tax. thats thier regular rate.

i can't see them staying buisness for long at that price. people will be dropping like flies. its unbelievable.
i live in an older neighborhood (45yrs) and dsl will not work because my phone lines are archiac. cable is the only way to get it for me.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
promotional rate

I just got off the phone with Comcast & they gave me the 6 month promo rate of 19.95 then it will go back to 39.95. The lady I spoke with was very helpful & the whole call only took about 5 minutes. She did tell me that after the six months was up that there were "other options" as far as the rate I'm paying for cable service.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don't hold your breathe on the special rate until you see the first bill. I've been dealing with these fine people for 3 weeks and they have not done anything they said they would do. We have been without a home phone for 2 weeks and nobody will fix our problem. Last Thursday somebody was supposed to be here between 12-5 to fix our phone, well about 8:15 at they show up and say that our main drop is bad and will have somebody here Friday or no later than Saturday to fix it. Well it is Wednesday night and guess what, AT&T will be here tomorrow. The lady at AT&T said they are flooded with calls and transfers from Comcast. This is the funny part, AT&T will give you $125 back if you stay with them for 6 weeks just for switching over.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good Luck with AT&T. I had waited 3 weeks to no avail in getting any of my services working. Its funny how this AT&T says there better, but i just do not see it so I am back with Comcast, and everything is up and running should of never left. IMO

scott in pearland said:
Don't hold your breathe on the special rate until you see the first bill. I've been dealing with these fine people for 3 weeks and they have not done anything they said they would do. We have been without a home phone for 2 weeks and nobody will fix our problem. Last Thursday somebody was supposed to be here between 12-5 to fix our phone, well about 8:15 at they show up and say that our main drop is bad and will have somebody here Friday or no later than Saturday to fix it. Well it is Wednesday night and guess what, AT&T will be here tomorrow. The lady at AT&T said they are flooded with calls and transfers from Comcast. This is the funny part, AT&T will give you $125 back if you stay with them for 6 weeks just for switching over.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Kenny

Depending on exactly where your at and how long its been since you tried you might give att a call and see if they can provide dsl for you now. the technology has apparently changed over the years.... I live on the westend and once my timewarner internet got to 50$ I switched to att. I have had att dsl for ~2 years now, 1st year at 13.99, since then at 19.99 I couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I switched a year ago to Directv but only cause they have the NFL Sunday Ticket! But i have heard cable has been getting worse so now i have tried to get people switched over. One thing is for sure you will always talk to some one within 3 minutes for customer service! Their #1 in that category. I have wireless DSL and its good to me! I pay 22.00 better than 50. through Comcast.

·
Registered
883 Posts
ChaseC said:
I just got off the phone with Comcast & they gave me the 6 month promo rate of 19.95 then it will go back to 39.95. The lady I spoke with was very helpful & the whole call only took about 5 minutes. She did tell me that after the six months was up that there were "other options" as far as the rate I'm paying for cable service.
I'm getting roadrunner, digital phone, and HD cable with about 25 movie channels for $115 a month. After this promo offer expires I was told to call back also and get the next promo rate.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
In Dallas, I found out with no previous warning that my cable company had been bought out by Comcast, this after just making a payment, then my cable goes out. Took them 2 weeks to get my cable back on, extended basic, no movie channals, then I get the bill, over $50 where it had been around $20 before, never was able to get a thing done with them. Where I live now, I cant get any cable, due to a contract my apartments made, except for Ygnition, $95 a month for Extended cable and internet access, wish I had some other options.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts