2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting around to copying the pictures off my camera from Saturday and thought I would share. Fishing is getting better with the moon getting back to "normal" - managed a few permit.

After fishing I was on my to take the boat over to the Bimini shop and passed this dude up. I had to make a u-turn and see it up close.. Simply awesome is all I can say...

Attachments

·
5,912 Posts
That is not an LCAC. LCAC's are called hovercraft in the civilian world. Landing Craft Air Cushioned is what LCAC stands for. Here is an LCAC pictured.

Attachments

·
5,912 Posts
Larc Lx

The LARC, (Lighter, Amphibious, Resupply, Cargo) is an amphibious transport vehicle used to carry cargo from off-shore supply vessels to a beach, or inland transport areas. The LARC is normally operated by a two-person crew and is capable of transporting extremely large loads of cargo during land or marine operation.

LARC-LX Specifications:

Weight:60 tonWater OperationType Power:DieselForward (Empty):7.5 mphHull Material:Welded SteelForward (60 ton load):7 mphCrew:2 PersonForward (100 ton load):6.5 mphFuel System:Unit InjectorsLand OperationCooling System, New Weight Dry (Approx.):2610 lbsForward (Empty):15.2 mphDry Weight:194,000 lbsForward (60 ton load):14 mphOverall SizeForward (100 ton load):12.75 mphLength:62 ft., 6 1/2 in.Reverse Speed (60 ton load):2.85 mphWidth:26 ft., 7 in.Turning Radius:75 ft.Height:19 ft., 6 in.Grade Limits:60 PercentWheelbase:28 ft., 6 in.Temperature Range:125 deg. F to -25 deg. FBattery Voltage:24 volt dc

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think that is a jack not a permit someone tell me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks Sight Cast I thought I was seeing things I was beggining to worry but those jacks are sure fun to catch I caught a 38 pounder on a abu Garcia 6500 with 12 pound test and it was on a 12 dollar academy rod now its on a BillyStix spiral rod my dad won at the TOBA fundraiser.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that's a jack... I did catch some permit though...

Really I did! :D

I called that an LCAC becuase that is what was welded on with the all the other hull designation. That is not to say that someone put on LCAC later though... Thanks for the specs and correction. It is truly an impressive piece of machinery and looks to have a perfect offshore trolling speed! ;)

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
hey BJ

brewjr said:
Thanks Sight Cast I thought I was seeing things I was beggining to worry but those jacks are sure fun to catch I caught a 38 pounder on a abu Garcia 6500 with 12 pound test and it was on a 12 dollar academy rod now its on a BillyStix spiral rod my dad won at the TOBA fundraiser.
thought that was yer mom's rod? or she was at least claiming it from yer old man?

·
Registered
253 Posts
She doesn't fish enough to use it so she said it was either mine or my dads and I have just kind of been umm borrowing from him for the past couple of months

1 - 13 of 13 Posts