2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Skinny She Ain't"
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gents check the box before leaving the store!!!!
ON Christmas my parents asked me what i wanted ( always say nothing you given enough to me already, but as most parents they insist) so I asked my parents for a Penn battle II, sent pops the picture and told him Academy has them. Christmas comes and parents hand me my present. I open the package and i have my Penn Battle II ( in my mind i saying sweet ) we are all sitting around and i decied to open the box just to look at it and fell it etc. well there was no Penn Battle II in the penn battle II box, it was a 40 dollar diawa... SMH

someone obliviously bought 2 reels from there a cheap diawa ( not a good one) and and penn Battle II.. yup you know the rest of the story. they then kept the good 100 dollar Penn and returned the Diawa in the Penn box to get a 100 dollar refund for a 40 dollar reel. thus in turn getting the Penn valued at 109 bucks for 40 dollars.

took back the reel and box and i was refunded no questions asked needless to say i went over to the fishing section and got my Penn Battle II. not that it was an issue but more of a inconvenience. I took it back to the store pops bought it from with receipt, in case they thought i was the one doing the low
life swap out move. I mean you wouldn't go back to the same store would you... lol,
so lessened learned here Check the box to make sure the correct product is there and not been swapped out.... i am honestly surprised they didnt check it when it was returned the first time.
I commend academy for doing the right thing with little hassle to me except driving to an academy that was a bit out of my way ( 2 are closer than the one by pops house)

so check that box!!!!

·
Banned
2,028 Posts
That could have been done by an unscrupulous d-bag s***hole employee or even come to the store in that condition.
I have unloaded TV's at Sears that didn't have TV's in the box, just plywood.
But it could have very well been a low life customer doing it to.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Good advice, it happens frequently. With lots of items in lots of stores. If folks can swap packaging and get an expensive item for less they will do it. That is why we have so many heat sealed packages that it takes a chisel and cutting torch to get open.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Also, when buying braid at Academy be sure to take the spool out of the box and make sure it's full. I have brought home spools multiple times and started to spool only to realize there is only 50 yards of line.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,547 Posts
The customer service people don't know a Penn from a Garcia. Someone just opened the box and said yup that's a reel and that was it.

I've had that happen before and always got what should have been in the box by taking it back and Academy is good at returns or with problems like that.

Glad you got your reel.

TH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts