2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
Somebody give that buck some muscle relaxers for his neck!

Look, it's made him old before his time. hahah

MEGABITE

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts
Man! That's gotta be a photoshop special! Someone woulda paid 6 figures to shoot something like that before now.....

And you think some of the worlds' olympic athletes are on banned substances??? Can you say Whitetail Growth Hormone?

Tsip

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
No it's the real deal. This buck was raised on a farm up north and stolen a few years back. As fate would have it he turned back up on the family's farm after being stolen.

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
That is grotesque. Those kind of deer are not visually appealing to me.

But, having said that, I'd shoot his arse if I sawed him.:D

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts
Unbelievable.....I wonder how many generations of captivity and special circumstances(feed, environment, etc) it took to produce a buck of that rack size?

Tsip

PS: Hey boat_money, how did the EP tourney turn out for you this year???

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Did any of you ever see the 78 point whitetail buck at the "Lone Star Beer Hall of Horns"
It still is the world record [I think I'd heard if it had been beaten]. As I remember its
spread was smaller than the above pictured buck, but man it looked like a thorn bush.
I think it had been killed in Texas in 1895.
Jackie

·
Registered
579 Posts
That poor thing does look terrible....ugly to be precise.

So is that the "Goliath" buck?

Yuck.

Give me a big typical anytime...about the most exotic I'd care for is double drop tines.

Yick.

Earl

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
only had 30 teams show. we took first on big trout and a couple of the local teams took just about every other prize available except flounder. i'd be willing to bet that our fish was the only one that won $$ caught on artificial.

dave puts together a great weekend, good food, good beer, we caught a ton of fish, had a close encounter with a sharp toothed critter and just about broke even on $$ and lastly no one came home with the vib. nice looking shirts this year w/ a pesky on plane on the back.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mustad, I have that book and it is one awesome buck. I think they have it in San Antonio, but not sure. There is a few other good bucks in the same book......O

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts
Good to hear boat_money! Your call on the arty's has been what I have heard as well. I always like the shirts, but Dave is such a cheap bas**** that I never got one that would fit. He always had plenty of two sizes to small for me, which would be a Large, and even with that you couldn't even talk them into an extra freakin coozie to compensate, of which were laying all over the place so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, I always had as much fun as was legally possible. Glad you guys had fun as well, and we hope to someday be back in the mix.

Tsip

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts
forgot to put the smilies in the last post, insert them at will wherever you feel they are needed:

:cry: :cheers: :eek:hwell: :smile: :p

Tsip

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they had xxx large this year and i grabbed that one. it is freaking huge! i always manage to get a few extra koozie's. one on friday night, one at the weigh in and another on saturday night. forgot to mention, my friend broke his rod fishing(well sorta he smacked it against the water hard enough to break the tip off) on saturday and wouldn't you know the carma, he won a allstar titanium in the raffle that night. wading special, nice rod.

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts

Was that me? Nope. Musta been an imposter. LOL. Where the hell is my wife, she has access to this computer....

Tsip

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
freaky

TXPalerider said:
That is grotesque. Those kind of deer are not visually appealing to me.

But, having said that, I'd shoot his arse if I sawed him.:D
I agree 100%. Not eye appealing at all. But it would be a dead sum "buck"(ugh, that's not even funny) if it walked out in front of me.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
Medulla ,,,,, smile next time someone is taking a picture of you and your prize buck ,,MAN! LOL

·
Banned
607 Posts
I believe that buck is in Pennsylvania?? If so, it may be the same one my brother photographed and videoed a few years ago. He's a freelance for most of the nationally circulated magazines(Outdoor Life, Field n Stream and so on). It was a pen raised deer but he said it was an awesome sight for sure...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts