2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shopping around the net and ABLE AMMO has Rio Steel Shot for 7 bucks a box. It is 1400 FPS, 1 1/4 ounce shot..........the price is right!

Anyone ever used Rio? I saw skeet loads at American Shooting Ctr, and assume they could get the steel shot if I wanted it.

just curious.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Never heard of them. I'd wait for Macks to put out thier catalog for fall. Mighta already have. last year they had cases of Winchester Supreme steel for 8.99 or 9.99 per box, I don't remember exactly. But for $100 per case you get thier top of the line ammo. I wouldn't save $30 to try something out, when you know that the big 3 will have a good product, always. Just my opinion. Too much time and money put into waterfowling nowadays to to try to save a dollar or two on ammo.

·
Registered
260 Posts
rio is pretty good stuff. dont have any experience w/the steel shot, but the lead is good stuff. lot of people using it in sporting clays

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
That's all I use for Sporting Clays and skeet. I also bought a case for doves last year and it works better in my auto-loader than the Winchester stuff in field loads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts