2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a charter out of Freeport- I am lookng for a sportfishing type boat with an air conditioned cabin for some out of town clients. I fished once with Kevin Townsend but I can't seem to locate him. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
CaptDoug said:
Here is a few you could contact. I don't know any of them so I can't make a recommendation. www.freeportcharterboats.com
If you go to that link: I know the guy that owns "A Few Dollars More" It is a TOP NOTCH boat that has been completely upgraded in the last few years. Don't know who the Captain is now though. But, your customers would be completely comfortable. I have fished both day kingfish and billfishing trips on this boat.

Also, Johnson Sportfishing is great. Ann has been fishing Freeport over 25 years.

·
8,792 Posts
Walkin' Jack said:
Try this one. http://www.actioncharterfishing.com/ I've been out with them twice and it was killer both times. Ask for Capt. Matt. He knows where the fish are! ;)
Capt. Matt!!!! Holy Cr ap!!!

I deckhanded for them back when it was Jeff Etie Charters (summers of 1980-1981). Mark was about 12-13 years old and Matt was probably 8-9 years old. I saved Matt's life once, sort of....That's a whole other story. But, even back then those kids could run those boats. Great guys!! Been in business 20+ years. I can't believe I didn't mention them in my above post. But, I was in a hurry cuz my phone was ringing.

I second Walkin' Jack's suggestion.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, I have fished with Action a few times as well, but my clients want some a/c...and maybe a couch or tv......I have no problem with the heat personally

·
8,792 Posts
TMO said:
Thanks for the info, I have fished with Action a few times as well, but my clients want some a/c...and maybe a couch or tv......I have no problem with the heat personally
Go with "A Few Dollars More" then. you won't be disappointed. Very nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts