2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend a charter for 5 or 6 out of Freeport or Matagorda?
First hand experiences please.......

Thanks,
TS

·
Registered
645 Posts
Depends on what kind of trip you would like...and please remember that when looking for a fishing trip you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a mere limit of snapper and some kings.... you can pretty much call anybody. However, if you would like to have a shot at a limit of AJ's, catch grouper, and get into Blackfin Tuna without having to go on an overnighter the list definitely gets a lot smaller. If that is the kind of trip that you are looking for, I would recommend Captain Monty out of Freeport and he can be reached at 979-665-8853. He will most definitely do his best to put you on serious fish. If you are looking for a guide out of galveston I would recommend Eugene Hensley and he goes by Angler1 on this board. Remember that a lot of people will take you offshore fishing but there are few that take you out blue water fishing for a mere $900-1000 (all inclusive trip). Good Luck and please report how your trip goes...Paul

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Johnson's Sport Fishing

Since He Is Asking My Self And 11 Other Friends / Co Workers Have The 2) 46' Haterases From Johnsons Sport Fishingh Booked For Sunday Anybody Heard Any Good Bad From Them Their Web Site Is Old And Out Dated Any Info Would Be Nice. Pray That The Weater Holds. I Have Been Waiting All Summer For This Up Coming Sunday Headying Dow Early To Get Some Blue Runners/hardtails For Bait For My Boat, We Are Having A $ 1,000.00 Big Fish Pot From The Owner Of My Company So I Am Getting Ready To Still The Pot. Thanks In Advance........

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
libby_carl said:
Since He Is Asking My Self And 11 Other Friends / Co Workers Have The 2) 46' Haterases From Johnsons Sport Fishingh Booked For Sunday Anybody Heard Any Good Bad From Them Their Web Site Is Old And Out Dated Any Info Would Be Nice. Pray That The Weater Holds. I Have Been Waiting All Summer For This Up Coming Sunday Headying Dow Early To Get Some Blue Runners/hardtails For Bait For My Boat, We Are Having A $ 1,000.00 Big Fish Pot From The Owner Of My Company So I Am Getting Ready To Still The Pot. Thanks In Advance........
You will have a great time. Ann and Doug Johnston are great people and great fishermen.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Capt Jennings at Cowboy Charters, if you are going offshore. I've been with a bunch and he is some of the cream of the crop. It will just be hard finding a open date but he will do you good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts