2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fishing from a paddle boat...
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys-

My wife and I are helping with a fund-raiser for BACH (Brazoria county Association for Citizens with Handicaps), Which is going to take place on Aug. 5th. Last night I got a phone call from the event chair - she had gotten a weekend rental for a POC fishing cabin donated to the auction, and she wanted to get a Rod & Reel Combo to add to it for a package deal in the Auction. However, I need help! I can't afford a GOOD rod and reel package myself. (And I don't want to donate junk). So here is what I am asking:

If someone (rodbuilder, sponsored fisherman, or just nice guy/gal) will provide a good rod for the auction, I will spring for the reel, either an old style Curado 200, (if I can find one New in Box) or for the new Shamino Citias. The rod can be any brand, but I ask that it have a value of at least what the reel will cost me (~$120).

BACH is a county run program that helps primarily children with handicaps, and their families. They provide physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and other services to the kids and their families. They also have events throughout the year for the kids, like Kid-Fish days at Seacenter Texas and special events at the County Fair for the kids. Being a County run organization, they have a small budget for their mandate, and rely on fund-raisers and donations to make ends meet.

Thanks,

Jerry Gwosdz

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
let me talk to the Hubby...BACH helped out our son from birth to 3 years of age..we always send a cash donation....but we have a rod that's never been used in the rod rack that might be your ticket....7' medium/light...

Reactions: Jerry-rigged

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Jerry - I posted something about the fundraiser on the Up Coming Events Board. I have not updated the auction list in a week or so, we have been gone this past week and just got back in town today from Port Mansfield (Capt. Dan Coley Benefit Auction guided trip). The weather did not work in our favor but still had a blast. Thanks Jerry and other 2coolers for helping out a great organization.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts