2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Male Hooker
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know they are charging at Rollover THIS WILL HELP ON LAWER FEES TO KEEP IT OPEN.

$5.00 a day per vehicle this includes 2 adults and children or $10.00 a weekend or $30.00 a week.
Tents $5.00 a day.
RV's and trailers $10.00 a day and $60.00 a week.

GCA annual membership individual $25.00 a year and Family $40.00 a year and these prices includes VEHICLE/RV/TRAILER.

Hope this helps.

LTF

·
Registered
15,017 Posts
Thanks. Just curious who is "GCA" that can impose the fee on a public area? The cause is perhaps good but legality must be there. Some retirees on a limited income may not be happy with it.

·
Male Hooker
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Just curious who is "GCA" that can impose the fee on a public area? The cause is perhaps good but legality must be there. Some retirees on a limited income may not be happy with it.
Gilchrist Community Association

Phone # is 409-739-9847

·
fish control my brain
7,712 Posts
Thanks. Just curious who is "GCA" that can impose the fee on a public area?.....
It might be open to the public, but it's on private land ...

And that private land is what has kept it from being filled in...to date

·
Male Hooker
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No you can call the number I posted earlier are they will ride by and ask you.

·
Registered
15,017 Posts
It might be open to the public, but it's on private land ...

And that private land is what has kept it from being filled in...to date
I thought that private land has been donated to the state/or fed gov, not a local community? If so, they are no longer the owner. Just collect about 2,000 - 5,000 voters' signatures and tell the land commissioner that the next candidate who support keeping Roll Over will have these votes. Don't need any lawyer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rollover Pass is definitely privately owned land and the owners along with the GCA are the ones who pay for the upkeep. There are ZERO county, state, or federal funds that go to keeping Rollover Pass open.

And just to clarify, if you are a GCA member, they will provide you with a sticker to put on your car and you don't have to pay for parking while your membership is to date. However, if you are not a GCA member, then you have to pay the daily parking fee.

The whole petition/signature has been done twice in the past and hasn't slowed Jerry Patterson down at all.

·
They don't call me Lucky for no reason..
1,295 Posts
That should keep the riff raff out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts