2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out this morning fully intending to fish the upper river for whites...but the wind and chill made me re-think the plans.

So, turned in instead to triple creek loop and went crappie fishing. Easy limit of mostly nice slabs today. The creek is in excellent shape with very good visibility. Water temps around 51 degrees.

What a great fishery we have to enjoy when you can catch about all the whites you want below the dam, catch wonderful crappie in the lake, and probably can catch some great fat spawning whites up the river.

Its an unbelivable sandwich...whites/stripers below the dam, crappie in the middle, and whites/stripers in the upper river. Please don't let the dream end.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
I want to pinch myself sometimes, but then like you said 'don't let the dream end", what a year!!!
Those are pretty crappie, an easy limit of beautiful slab crappie is way cool, we are getting too spoiled.
Crappie are such great fish to eat, had them tonight!!
the only thing I can really compare the crappie fishing in the lake this year to is a couple of awesome days Toledo Bend in the spring, and many times below the dam, but never this good in the lake.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
That's awesome Meadowlark. You guys up "north", not on the coast, have your own paradise. That is an amazing fishery. I appreciate you guys posting. I know how to catch trout so I guess I need to learn how to fish for crappie since that fishery seems to be thriving! I will be chasing whites shortly.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's awesome Meadowlark. You guys up "north", not on the coast, have your own paradise. That is an amazing fishery. I appreciate you guys posting. I know how to catch trout so I guess I need to learn how to fish for crappie since that fishery seems to be thriving! I will be chasing whites shortly.
I lived in Clear Lake for many, many years and fished for trout probably an average of twice a week during those years. Cases of oil was my measuring stick.

If you can catch trout, you can catch the whites and crappie. Just slightly different methods.

Its all good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice job. Im stuck here in Houston doing what I can but will soon be back up that creek. Well, maybe after this Artic front comes and goes.:mpd:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts