2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this is over in Louisiana, but was curious if anyone has been on a charter over there? We were planning a trip later this year. Worth it?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My favorite place in the whole world. Definitely worth a trip...go once and I guarantee you'll go back many more times!

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
Awesome trout and tarpon fishing. I like the May/June for trout fishing. You'll also see more stingrays than you've ever seen in your life.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
good info, I am looking to book a trip this year sometime. do most boats leave out of Biloxi, Mississippi?

anyone else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The last time that I went, we launched at the public boat launch in Gulfport. It is a straight shot down the ship channel that is marked well. You should enjoy that trip.

·
Registered
710 Posts
If you are headed to the Boat Show this week stop by the Chandeluer Charters booth and talk to Capt Troy. I've been out on his boat for several trips and would recommend him to anyone. The fishing is good, but the food on his boat is even better. That dude can cook.

http://chandeleurcharters.com/

·
Registered
853 Posts
Absolutely

I know that this is over in Louisiana, but was curious if anyone has been on a charter over there? We were planning a trip later this year. Worth it?
Everyone should do it at least once. Don't expect many trophy-class trout but I can't think of many places where you can catch trout, redfish, kingfish, tarpon, ling and more - all while wading or skiffing the same day within a couple miles. Better not be afraid of sharks though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I stopped by Capt. Troy's booth Sunday, and now am looking to get some friends together for a trip in September. It looks awesome. We already got 5-6 people and are shooting for 10-12. Gonna take my kayak too, just in case I feel like using it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Best trip I've been on is with www.jokaswild.com .
Been with several others that were nice but not quiet as good.
It's all fun. Go and have a blast! Most all the services treat you like a king. The Jokas just a little nicer accomidations and the food is out of this world! Not bad fishing either!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
If you know your exact fishing dates you can get you La fishing Lic off the internet. Wait till the last day because they are non-refundable. If a storm cancels the trip,,,,too bad. You can print the page off the Internet and use it the next day.
Pretty nice!
Google Louisiana Fishing Lic. BE SURE to get the correct lic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts