2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a chainsaw but wanting the best for my buck. Looking at the Sthil but a budy of mine has an Echo that runs and cuts great. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with both of these saws? Looking at prolly a 18 or 20 inch saw. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looking to purchase a chainsaw but wanting the best for my buck. Looking at the Sthil but a budy of mine has an Echo that runs and cuts great. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with both of these saws? Looking at prolly a 18 or 20 inch saw. Thanks in advance!
Either should serve you well. I have one Sthil that is about 15 years old and will still start on 2-3 pulls after sitting up for several months. Now I use Huskys mostly and have beemn very satisfied with them. If youlook at a Husky go to an equipment dealer and buy one instead of the big box places. Heavier models with on-site dealer support. I would also make that same suggestion buying the Echo or Sthil.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Depends on your usage. Stihl works well on trees, wood, etc. A McCollogh or Homelite will suffice if you're only into massacres .....:eek:

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
Echo.....

I've got the Stihl Farm Boss, but I had to take it back to the dealer 3 times for repair when it was new. Stihl refused to replace it. Finally, on the 3rd attempt, they replaced the ignition coil. I swore off Stihl then, due to customer service. I had planned on purchasing a Stihl string trimmer and blower, but I purchased Echo instead. They have been great.

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
When I was living in Emory Texas on the lake, I had a McCollogh that was the best saw I ever had. That saw would start everytime on the first pull and cut good. I used it a lot then cause I had a fireplace and Mama liked to have a fire at all times. She would have a fire when the temp was 70 degrees.:)

I would still have that saw if it hadn't of burned up in a fire.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, that is what I have also. Made by Poulan I believe. I got mine after Alicia,...that's right 1983. Still runs good, but I really don't use it that often.

Dave
I have used Poulan and others and just havnt been happy with them. I don't want a saw that I have to replace every 3 years and that has been my experience with Poulan. Not saying Poulan dosen't make a good saw just my experience......still open to suggestions though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts