2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hairout: 1-Tom Bobcat urinates on my feeder leg
2- Our New cow shows all the other cows how to knock over a feeder(The other cattle have not bothered it in 4 years)
3-Hogs move in and destroy feeder and fill up thier bellies with yellow gold
4-I stand in disbelief uttering a few choice words to the hunting Gods! The time stamp is not correct, I forgot to reset it. Dates are correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Scorched earth! That sucks!

Happened to me last year. Stood it back up and killed a deer the next day.

·
Hunting & Fishing
839 Posts
That Sux, happened to us two years ago and finished the year with some nice deer. Stand that feeder back up and get in the stand. You can only go up from where you are now.

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
Sea slug -

Great post. Gave me my morning laugh .... and then some. Ain't laughing at ya' but laughing with ya'. It's been a tough, tough season for me as well. Seeing pictures of your trials and tribulations makes me feel better - if only because sharing misery lessens the burden. Again, thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Member of da MYC!!
448 Posts
This post is priceless.....thank you for the morning laugh at your expense!! But I am definately not laughing at you but with you....I had the same thing happen to me last year at my deer lease in the Hill Country!!! Dam landowners would feed their cows round bales in our hunting areas less than 30yards from either your stand or feeder. I am sure i looked the same as you in the last pic but I had to buy a new feeder because those bastages damaged mine beyond repair!!!! I then built a barbwire feed pen and anchored the new feeder with t-post.....it can only get better from here!!! Good luck bro!

·
Equine connoisseur
2,264 Posts
You can just hear those hogs, "Hey, the buffet is open!"

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually we always use T-Post and attach them to the legs with radiator hose clamps. On this one I used the cheap 3' fence post and 4 years later I paid the price! I still have several other feeders feeding so all is not lost. Most of the deer we are seeing are feeding on wild clover, it is everywhere this year. You can see the post in the pics if you look hard. I usually use the 6' heavy duty but got cheap once and paid the price. I have seen a few decent bucks but not the right one yet. With the forecast I just saw, it may pick up real soon. It is funny how the game cam sits there and takes it all in.

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Youve allways got the Bobcats thick @ your place..
I bet your over 10 on the kills by now..
hollar sometime & we might could do a sandhill hunt

·
PURE SOUTH TEXAS
2,755 Posts
X2 on this post being priceless

I was grinnin pretty good on the first few pictures, but that last one put me on the floor. I think I laugh harder everytime I scroll thru this chain of events. Like the others I am not laughing at you. It's just that I know how you feel. I been there too man. Murphy's Law. Get that thing back in the air, and good luck. Thanks for the post. Green to ya.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Youve allways got the Bobcats thick @ your place..
I bet your over 10 on the kills by now..
hollar sometime & we might could do a sandhill hunt
Oxbow- I dont hunt bobcats much anymore. If somebody calls wanting to go I still will but I just aint mad at them anymore. I dont even hunt coyotes but about twice a year now that they got so dang smart and get callshy quick. Lets hammer some sky carp or sandhills. You find them and I will pay expenses. Let me know.

·
There's no time like overtime!
8,926 Posts
Maybe some cow panels around the feeder are in order...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts