23,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something smells fishy about all this. Page B-3, of todays Galveston Daily News

Attachments

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
The arogance

Of these greedy *****. We're in the middle of a lawsuit, and these guys have the **** to seek bids already.

Hey, Im not above chaining myself to my truck on the beach, blocking construction. I wont feel that I did all I can do, untill they haul my *** to jail.

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
They Know Something We Don't

I think we should all stop by and pick up a bid package...

My personal opinion is there have been some back room deals on this made. I hope we can keep them from dotting the I's and crossing the T's....

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Double edged sword.

We know, that they cannot possibly win in court, unless it is crooked. Just for arguments sake. They win, and they build.

For a solid 10 years, Ive wanted to move down there. Freeport, clute, whatever. All I needed was a job. Pretty hard to give up the job I have. But I used to do commercial drywall. Did it for 9 years. Not bragging, but not only was I a Journeyman and a Foreman, I was the best. Radius walls, radius furr downs, Raco, accoustic ceilings, tape and float, paint, you name it. Once, me and my partner hung 221 sheets of 4x10x5/8 in one day. 8 hours. I made union scale, and wasnt union. Construction of this magnitude, would bring high dollars to the experts.

Im still stuck in Houston. I will not drive a single nail for these guys. I could get my dream and move down there. And Ill make more money than I do now. But they would be taking my beach while doing so. So why would I want to live there?

Theres alot of other folks on this board that could profit from the construction. Somehow, I just dont see TTMBers doing that.

Just aint a TTMB thing!

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
Looks like another way for John Dreiss, local builder of houses solely on west end and former planning commission member who steamed ahead the closing of west end beaches in the plan, to increase his commercial profit. Yep, he had no commercially vested interest in the closing of the beaches, especially on the west end. What were his first comments on the issue "let's close them all down". Now he was rewarded with the contract to build the new neighborhood by sea isle, and what next by centex.

So sad he lied to the commission members, the public, and all else.

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
What's up?

BradP said:
Looks like another way for John Dreiss, local builder of houses solely on west end and former planning commission member who steamed ahead the closing of west end beaches in the plan, to increase his commercial profit. Yep, he had no commercially vested interest in the closing of the beaches, especially on the west end. What were his first comments on the issue "let's close them all down". Now he was rewarded with the contract to build the new neighborhood by sea isle, and what next by centex.

So sad he lied to the commission members, the public, and all else.
In the dark! What's the background on this? Got a link I could check out? :question:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts