2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
My Cingular Phone works AT Stetson Rock, AT the Flower Gardens, and AT West Cerveza. However, it usually doesn't work on the way there, or even around those areas.

Good rule of thumb, count on your cell phone NOT WORKING!

Brandon

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have verizon and it will not work much past 10 miles. My buddy J freemans phone rings all over the gulf but not sure what provider he uses.

MrSailfish

·
Yep...
752 Posts
Nextel works(spotty) all over have used it 50+ miles, but best reception is around rigs

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
When I am out that far (80+ miles), my phone says "Cingular Extended". There is no telling how much that costs me.

Brandon

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
I average anywhere between 10-20 miles out with cingular before I got an antenna. I haven't been any farther then 20 mile since I got my antenna, but I went from only getting one bar on our standby buoy to 2 bars everywhere on the field. The other guys do about the same with nextal, alltel and verizon. Forget t-mobile if your going out of LA.

If your on Cingular extend while in the gulf your on petrocom and will be charged .80 a minute, which is better then the $3.00 it was until pretty recently. As long as your phone is GSM (cingular) it will work. If it's NExtal, Sprint, ext. forget it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I kow I've learned one thing though... unless you have service, turn it off, otherwise, it will continue to search for a signal till the battery runs down. And it will run down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts