2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I believe any work has to be completed by tomorrow due to the arrival of whooping cranes.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I saw barges going in and coming out. They do all the time. Most are going to the plant up Cedar Bayou that used to be called Bayer in Baytown.
Two different Cedar Bayous, OP is talking about the one down on the Middle Coast.

Reactions: bigfishtx

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,104 Posts
OK,

Didn't know about the other one. Maybe they might indicate in the thread which one they are talking about. Kind of like Caney Creek. Apparently there are at least 3 in Texas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hear it is already starting to silt back. I saw the barges with the excavators leaving about 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Trust me, I'm a professional.
885 Posts
Two different Cedar Bayous, OP is talking about the one down on the Middle Coast.
In his defense, I thought about the one in lower Trinity as well. I was wondering how they were running barges to Covestro (Bayer) if it was being dredged.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
In the OP’s defense, when you’re talking about Cedar Bayou on a Texas fishing site the only one that should come to mind is the one on the mid-coast by Mesquite Bay.

·
You'd be a lot cooler if you did.
424 Posts
I'm glad they are opening back up as it definitely contributes to a healthy bay system but it seems like a constant exercise in futility if they don't jetty the pass.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
In the OP’s defense, when you’re talking about Cedar Bayou on a Texas fishing site the only one that should come to mind is the one on the mid-coast by Mesquite Bay.

Why?

I am a sixth gen Texan.

I have never been close to the one the OP is posting about and probably never will. Never fished in that area likely never will.

I have been in and out of the one here in Baytown more times than I can count.

I too have been confused by these "Cedar Bayou" threads before. Now that I have seen it several times here it doesn't trick me anymore, but I can easily see how a person can get turned around.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I am a sixth gen Texan.

I have never been close to the one the OP is posting about and probably never will. Never fished in that area likely never will.
Too bad for you. It's a beautiful place to be and the fishing can be great. Won some tournament money fishing there & Carlos Bay & I've seen a Whooping Crane do a mating dance near where Cedar Bayou empties into Mesquite Bay.

And it's not like anybody was railing on the guy for not knowing; only educating him. I have been confused when someone mentioned Cedar and was talking about a different one than this one, but figured it out on context - in this case, the years-long running dialogue about the dredging and now re-dredging of Cedar Bayou pass (after Hurricane Harvey).

·
Registered
Grem's Guide Service
11,526 Posts
Without a jetty it seems it will silt up again and again. But I know the budget includes a periodic maintenance dredging which is where we are now.

I'm all for organizing an annual 2cool shovel brigade just to help as much as we can. That would be fun and help the area. If we all we end up doing is drinking beer and grilling hot dogs....

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Without a jetty it seems it will silt up again and again. But I know the budget includes a periodic maintenance dredging which is where we are now.

I'm all for organizing an annual 2cool shovel brigade just to help as much as we can. That would be fun and help the area. If we all we end up doing is drinking beer and grilling hot dogs....
Count me in. I truly enjoy that place. To all the outsiders, it is a cesspool of mosquitos and undersized fish, with the occasional oversized shark.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sgrem you may be on to something.
Drink enough beer and we could use water pressure to dredge it out. Would need to recruit some younger guys than me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts