2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I fished there two weeks ago and it was alright. We fished the runway and Beldons and caught a few keepers, then went up into Cedar Bayou to the gulf to fish the surf and had more fun. Probably caught about 20 trout between 7 of us and a few spanish mackeral. I got into something out there that I have to guess was the biggest something I've ever had on my inshore gear. In retrospect it had to be a stingray. Once I finally got it going it started spooling me like I've never been spooled before. I did get it to turn after about a 60-70 yard run, but on the second run, which was stronger than the fisrt, it broke the 25 lb. flouro leader about 8 inches form the end. So sad, I wanted to see that thing.

Anyway, the next day we (2 boats) decided to run from rockport out the aransas jetties and up past cedar bayou by about 3 or 4 miles. That's a heck of a run, but the fishing was sick. Seven of us again caught 55 trout, 15 blacktips to 3 ft. and a couple of spanish macks in a little over an hour's time. We left when we ran out of bait. I don't think we caught one dink.

If it's calm enough outside for you to go up and out that way when you are there, that's what I'd do for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts