2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
will fish for work
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fish: hit the causeway today, caught 6 keepers, threw back several small ones,
wind, light out of the wnw to variable, water was green, the spanish were working some mullet along with a few ladyfish...

caught most of them early, had to leave around 2:00 sun was a killer after that,

Attachments

·
tuna virgin NO MAS
812 Posts
there are more flounder on the table than I have ever caught.....guess it pays to know how to fish for them and target them....DOH!

·
15,098 Posts
good job, glad to see somebody knows how to catch a number of flounder in the summer not just in the fall when there're so thick..............R.R..

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
That's pretty cool, Bubba ... have only caught reds around the causeway, never thought of targeting flatties. What time is supper ? ;)

·
will fish for work
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
causeway

outlaw: we were using finger mullet, caught in the throw net.

fuelish1: thanks man, we had to work for them.

redfishr: thanks bud,

pelican: with you in tiki, i bet you get to fish there often, you have to dodge those working boats around the bridges. i just fried some of those flatts, man are they good with a little lemon, salt and ketchup, fried in olive oil.

poppingcork: fish both sides of the bridge around the structure. pilings
watchout for all the workboats, running in and out.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
nice flatties ya got there bubba!! how long was the big one? i am SOOOOO ready to get out there! hopefully things are going to slow down a bit for me soon and i can. thanks for the report.

trudy

·
will fish for work
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the big un was 18 1/2" trudy, just after i landed it, then another big un broke me off on the barnicles, after that we went down to sampsons and picked up a dozen crabs to go with them, and a 5lb snapper to level things out.

sure made for some happy returns.......
gotta luv it.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts