2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Happy Hookers are back
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I went to a small OVER stocked pond with BrewJr. and caught 3 small catfish, we caught them on Huge dead shad, but i have heard that cheeze balls work in ponds. Does any anyone know if this is realy true??

·
Registered
253 Posts
all caught on 4 pound test 2 on ultra-light spinning gear and one on a **** mouse rod

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Way to go dude!!! I have cought 'em on a chunk of a hot dog. I dunno about cheeze ballz though...

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Hawkeye said:
I think someone is having a little fun at our expense....
10-4,Hawk...thanks for pointing that out.I was assuming that these two were children:rolleyes:

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
They are. Jr is 14 & Zach is 17.
Both of them usually fish the salt. Jr has a few bass & a bunch of crappie under his belt but no cats. Not sure about Zachs F/W experiences.
They used my little ultra-lite trout spinning reel setup, a 30" ice fishing spincast rod and an old Popiel Pocket Fisherman that I used to carry on Boy Scout trips. The 4lb mono on the pocket fisherman is probably 30 years old, I'm suprised they where able to land anything with it!

Not every kid who gets on the boards is trying to pull your leg.

These two would rather fish then eat! :mpd:

BTW Zach is Monty's son & wouldn't be on these boards wasting Dad's bandwidth. Jr is my son and has been posting on TTMB since it's beginning. Head to head they'll outfish most of us adults.

Jeff

·
Registered
550 Posts
I am just glad to see kids getting into fishing nowadays and off the streets and out from in front of the TV. I probably couldn't have done that good myself. You ought to be ashamed making those kids fish with old equiqement LOL

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
I appreciate y'all taking the time to answer them. We're gonna have to give this catfishing a second look. Glad we started checking this forum out, those big cats look like fun!

Thanks,

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts