2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a tournament that has taken on quite a bit of popularity amongst the catmen of Va. and N.C.,and is held 4-5 times a year,spread between April and September.It is held on Kerr Lake(the larger lake seperated from Gaston Lake by the dam).Although,I have always claimed to be a recreational fisherman at heart,and although I have never considered entering a tournament,I am considering doin' it.At the encouragement of several people,I checked out the info on these things,and to my astonishment(mild),I know a coupla people that actually won the durn thing.Not to sound,full of myself,but,I know that I can outfish both of these 'ol boys!!Good thing #2....it's not on my home lake;but, on one I lived on for many years and am fairly familiar with.Just up the road,too.Good thing #3....The pay out on these things is 100% and only pays the 1st four places....nice prizes to the rest.The winners this year were paid in the neighborhood of 1500.-2100.+ big fish (blue & flats)to increase the winners takehome $ to the range of 2500.....Dat's some serious jack in my neck of the woods.It's 5pm-12mn...one fish weighed.And 35-50 lb. fish take honors.......Boys,I can do this.Gonna get with my 'ol bud,Tony,who is a Kerr Lake regular,and one of my oldest,closest buds,and mark the heck out of some bottom this Winter/Spring.....study,study,study.Time on the water!
Then next summer I'll finally start makin' this thang I 've become so fond of pay me back a little bit.Warning:This is not a dream...This WILL happen.

TEAM NIGHTTRAIN

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm hurt.... you didn't invite your mascot (Hawk) to participate with you LOL.... I'll see you out there soon Bro... there's meat fish in that lake (striped bass) and I need a meal.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Team NightTrain Resume's....

Hawk,I think the stripers will start gettin' wild when it starts gettin' a little colder...be patient,bro.
You're more than welcome to fish one.There were 4 this year.One was a 2 day deal....might as make some money while I'm feeshin'!I figure bein' around a group of serious catmen has to be educational ,also.
BTW,E-mail me your resume',along with your winnings % requirements!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
My resume is so short I can type it in here:

1)

2)

See?

I'll take 0.00005% of the winnings....

I got to thinking about it a little after I posted this... I do recall entering one bass fishing tournament... I won largest fish, biggest stringer and overall weight... I caught one fish that weighed 2 1/2 pounds.... not another soul brought a fish to the weigh-in that day... some days peanuts... some days shells :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
See the edited version... I may have to raise my percentage of the pot... I'm undefeated in tournament fishing....

·
Registered
550 Posts
Dat's too far away for me to compete, or I would give you a run for your money ;) :biggrin:

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey...I just figured,why not try it?Gonna be feeshin',anyway.:smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts