2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a tournament that has taken on quite a bit of popularity amongst the catmen of Va. and N.C.,and is held 4-5 times a year,spread between April and September.It is held on Kerr Lake(the larger lake seperated from Gaston Lake by the dam).Although,I have always claimed to be a recreational fisherman at heart,and although I have never considered entering a tournament,I am considering doin' it.At the encouragement of several people,I checked out the info on these things,and to my astonishment(mild),I know a coupla people that actually won the durn thing.Not to sound,full of myself,but,I know that I can outfish both of these 'ol boys!!Good thing #2....it's not on my home lake;but, on one I lived on for many years and am fairly familiar with.Just up the road,too.Good thing #3....The pay out on these things is 100% and only pays the 1st four places....nice prizes to the rest.The winners this year were paid in the neighborhood of 1500.-2100.+ big fish (blue & flats)to increase the winners takehome $ to the range of 2500.....Dat's some serious jack in my neck of the woods.It's 5pm-12mn...one fish weighed.And 35-50 lb. fish take honors.......Boys,I can do this.Gonna get with my 'ol bud,Tony,who is a Kerr Lake regular,and one of my oldest,closest buds,and mark the heck out of some bottom this Winter/Spring.....study,study,study.Time on the water!
Then next summer I'll finally start makin' this thang I 've become so fond of pay me back a little bit.Warning:This is not a dream...This WILL happen.

TEAM NIGHTTRAIN

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Team NightTrain Resume's....

Hawk,I think the stripers will start gettin' wild when it starts gettin' a little colder...be patient,bro.
You're more than welcome to fish one.There were 4 this year.One was a 2 day deal....might as make some money while I'm feeshin'!I figure bein' around a group of serious catmen has to be educational ,also.
BTW,E-mail me your resume',along with your winnings % requirements!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
My resume is so short I can type it in here:

1)

2)

See?

I'll take 0.00005% of the winnings....

I got to thinking about it a little after I posted this... I do recall entering one bass fishing tournament... I won largest fish, biggest stringer and overall weight... I caught one fish that weighed 2 1/2 pounds.... not another soul brought a fish to the weigh-in that day... some days peanuts... some days shells :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts