2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are any of this forum's photographers out taking post Ike photos?

i can understand it's a very difficult thing to do for some, to take the camera and shoot debris etc. but i just want to encourage you to try and think past the discomfort to a point where you can recognise that this is a chance hopefully in a lifetime. you can capture the rebuilding and regrowth of Ike impacted areas.

you don't have to respond here, but do please give it some serious thought. there are images out there that you can capture to show future generations. how Texans pull together, how they stand tall and rebuild... that's all good stuff to catch. maybe you can help others in some way, by the images you take. think about it.

you all have great cameras, you all have good skills and you all have the ability to grow something positive out of this.

rosesm

·
Charter Member
5,938 Posts
Ike damage

You prolly saw my post on the TTMB about my friends house and resulting damage. Thankfully, the insurance guy is out there today. No power, but I hope help is on the way for him.
Mike

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I took a few and posted, but with so many people cleaning and suffering, everywhere, I just coudn't take any with them watching to see what I was doing. They are so many throwing out their life long belongings, they are also very sensitive as while their have been so many that put things outside from water damage, some people drove by when no one around and loaded up their trucks and the people need this stuff for insurance. The folks are all watching closely and everyone driving in a neighborhood is suspicious and possible predator and many are packing weopons with them with due cause. how low of people to steal from these people that lost most everything. Some could be salvagable but no where to store them as even PODS are hard to come by. Personnally, I would love to take some more photos, but just cannot do it. In my neighborhood where damage was not from surge, I got a few from wind damage and at work we lost some buildings and took a few, but nothing special like the ones I posted a couple days ago.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
That's a very good point, Koru. I was reading a couple of posts earlier about cranes working to remove boats and debris, and I thought that would be as much of a photo opportunity as anything ... the rebuilding. I think that, at this point, people would welcome it.

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just a thought but maybe taking photos of the damaged property for friends might be very helpful to them for their insurance claims?

i wasn't asking for photos for my own needs... goodness knows there's a lot of images around now. it was more for your own records, to keep some historical images for yourselves or your families or for some time in the future.

i also think it's important to get some rebuilding images Out There. it seems now is likely the time when everyone is feeling pretty low and a positive outlook would be a good thing.

rosesm

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Karen, I agree fully with you, but I guess I am just too soft. Just going through the neighborhood was more than I could take. I wept for the people. Your right, these people need to be recognized as they are taking things so well. I work with a few and their attitudes are more than I believe I would have. When I went through the neighborhood, they was watching closely to see what I was doing as I am an outsider to them and they are very touchey at this point after many reports of theft and dangers. I'm sorry and didn't want to criticize for taking photos of the destruction, it's just something I can't stomach myself. I felt so hurt for the people. Many of them people are my friends, aquantances and family but even the people I don't know broke my heart. It does need to be photographed for future reference of what can happen, I just don't have the heart to do it myself. Without the people walking around watching me, I could and would have taken many more. Thanks and sorry if I mis-represented myself as no wrong impressions was meant to be said in my comments. We didn't get the direct hit of storm and are aprox 80 miles away and this still happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts