2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tabula Rasa
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love Casting Crowns. Mark Hall (lead singer) really hits you in the face with his lyrics. Dude doesn't pull punches in his songs. Their latest doesn't dissapoint. When I heard one of these lines I wonder if it was a direct shot at the westborrow nuts...probably not but they jumoed into my mind. I see too much of this in the jungle. We have some fun down there and hope we are planting a seed but there is not enough "love" shown when responding.

part of the verse:

"Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we JUDGE the wounded, let's put down our signs, cross over the lines and love like You did..."

·
Beneath the Blood stained Lintel
226 Posts
In this very trying time it is imperative that we learn to love the unlovely, to reach the unreachable. The only way to do that is to plug into Gods eternal Love fountain and let it flow out of us.

·
Banned
3,249 Posts
That was a good song with some truth in it. I agree with the main point of not attacking those who are not saved. Whatever we do for God, we need to do it in love just like 1 Corinthians 13 instucts us to do. However the song says that "The world is on their way to you, but they're tripping over me." When I look around I see the world on their way to anywhere but God. Does our heart break over this? Do we weep because of this? What are we going to do about it? Honestly, the word of God is going to offend many. We don't need to condemn anyone. All we have to do is preach the gospel. Just be prepared for persecution. There is no need for us to defend ourselves or to attack somebody. Yes it is hard and I'm sure most of us have failed, but the main thing is that we don't just sit quietly. And we must do it in love. Also, Romans 14:13 was meant for Christians.

·
Gods blessings surround us.
12,724 Posts
Even an athiest is a friend of Jesus,we shall all see His face we shall feel the holes in His hands we must all praise His holy name He is King Jesus who saves.Great video.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Praise the Lord Casting Crowns has some great songs when I think about this group I can see the time when we will cast our crowns at the Masters feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts