2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Still trying to figure it all out
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm from Oklahoma, and I think Carrie Underwood is a georgeous, incredibly talented lady. That being said, her special tonight was awful. To me, it made a very classy young woman look foolish.

Lousy writing, silly skits - it seemed like a low budget version of Hee Haw. It should have been a music only one hour special. The only thing that saved it was the final 15 minutes of Christmas music.

Now that I got that off of my chest, how is everything else?

·
Professional Salesman
9,757 Posts
I agree that it should have been one hour, but I thought the show was OUTSTANDING! It was in the Barbara Mandrell type show which was very entertaining in its day. I was glad to see some real talent come back to the air waves.

Cristan Chenowick (SP?) is a great Broadway actress and very funny in movies too (RV).

Sorry, I totally disagree with your take on this one. Carrie Underwood is one of the few with the guts to bring a Christian Christmas.

I'm sure the Atheist liberal press will rake her over the coals tomorrow. They don't need any help from the good folks like us.

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Carrie Underwood = freaking sexy as all meanings of the word ever could be (IMO).
Didn't see the special show, but I assume even a HORRIBLE Carrie Underwood special beats whatever other show was on by a mile...or reality shows by 5 miles.

·
Still trying to figure it all out
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I agree to disagree, maybe I was just in a bad mood. I used to enjoy Barbara Mandrel, and I agree the Christian Christmas theme is a brave stance in today's world. But seeing Carrie in the room dressed in the one man band garb really made me feel sorry for her. The musical performances were great, but I still think it was poorly written.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I really liked her in those tight black leather pants. The 50's music segment was good but we had to wait til the end for the Christmas music. Some of the show was lame but was OK overall.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I really liked her in those tight black leather pants. The 50's music segment was good but we had to wait til the end for the Christmas music. Some of the show was lame but was OK overall.
Those leather pants were enough for me to watch the whole thing! All kidding aside - it was OK, but my 4 year old twin daughters loved it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts