2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Tarpon listed as one of my 5 "Lifetime Fish", (That being one of 5 fish I want to catch during the course of my life.) Long story short, Fajardo, Puerto Rico, June 13th. Estimated weight 50 lbs, 20lb test, 30 minute fight, came completely out of the water twice. Ok, here comes the asterisk. * Just myself and the captain on board, he grabbed the leader, hook popped out, tarpon sank and swam away!!! No pictures, but the memory of the fish coming out of the water will stay with me forever.

By the way, the four remaining fish are:

1 Blue Marlin
2 Rooster Fish
3 Snook
4 Permit

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
Congrats! Now get to work on the rest of that list.

Take care,
Tim

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny you should say that Tim, I leave on July 10th for 2 days of Blue Marlin fishing in Kona, Hawaii. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Let's hear other's Top 5.

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Well, I've knocked off lots of my want to gets, including snook, tarpon, all the freshwater trout and peacock bass but still on the list are marlin, bonefish, yellowfin or bluefin tuna( I was on the boat in Cabo when my son got a 70lb yellowfin 5 minutes after I got out of the chair), artic char, and probably wahoo. Roosterfish is talking to me too.

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
They are catching the heck out of 100 lb. and bigger tarpon in front of Galveston now. Well not now with the wind but they are here now.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I heard that the rooster stinks really bad lol I want a peacock bass in the 20lb class and a mako and a 34 inch 14 lb trout, and a snook we could contact capt earnest of tight line charters and get the snook together.Give me a call and well knock that one off the list later Ken

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought I would get "more love" than this from my 2cool brothers for a lifetime fish landed? Where's the love?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
There was a nice blue marlin caught approx 70 miles out of the Packery Channel.

Here's the link: http://corpusfishing.com/

(click they hyperlink on the left side of the page "Packery/ Offshore", then click on report)

BTW, this is an excellent site for fishing reports in the Corpus Christi area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts