2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am officially sick of the rain. Earlier this year while out at BBSP Captain Mike and I had one of those make lemonade out of lemons kind of days. We went there with a big game hunters mentality. When we got home we found the best shots were not of the wildlife, but of the flowers.

The reason was the bigger glass needed the extra light and we just couldn't get the sharpness we expected due to motion blur or lack of depth of field. With the flowers and the still air we could set up on tripods and go to town. The shallower the dof the better.

So Sunday I'm at home alone working on budgets and it starts to rain - again. My plumeria have been big time benificiaries of all this rain and I noticed the last flower had opened on the "bouquet" that I shot over a month ago. That's right, that one flower stalk it's just now out of buds.

This was shot from inside the house again with the Bigma and an extension tube again in the rain. I'm filing it under "proven methods".

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
Very nice Rusty. Good to see you posting. Hope you are doing better. Take care of yourself.

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
i think i'm now tossing up between your model camera Rusty, and James' for my distant future.

oh yes, i think i'm going to have to buy frangipani plants, or move, too.

oh and for what it's worth, i definitely agree you've proven the method.

utterly beautiful.

rosesm

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pocketfisherman said:
It's perfect. You've achieved nirvana, you might as well quit now and find a new hobby.
Well, how do you beat a compliment like that? Geez sounds like this would be a good time to get out, but yet the promise of shots not yet taken continues to call my name.

White flowers are murder to shoot, and again bracketing was key to getting and exposure that showed detail without blowing out the highlights or muting the pinks and yellows of the flower.

I still have one plant that has yet to bloom.

BTW I- bet we've released more than 50 Monarchs this summer. The butterflies keep dropping off eggs.

·
Look in the inside of a person for love
861 Posts
Gator_Nutz said:
Simply scrumptious. Take more breaks from budgeting and give us more photos.
No joke those are very scrumptious.....please take more breaks....we want more....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts