2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
large crew (13) from okie land coming to galveston sunday and monday
annual mens fishing trip any other 2-coolers going? looks like nice seas
and believe me some of the land lubbers need it to be.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have any tips for us? some of us have been 3 or 4 times and generally catch em pretty good but i know youare the cat daddy and coiuld probably get us some more bites
we have our own tackle sort of own rods and some terminal tackle i have made a friend out of woody at snapper slapper and he has help quite a bit but any input from an expert would be appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
mike
purchase some cigar minnows and put them out on a drift line with single strand wire and a 2 hook rig. one hook under the chin and out the top of the cigar minnows head the other embedded in the body between the tail and the middle of the body. make sure that the bait hangs straight. this should get a kingfish for sure but has a chance at lots of other species(dolphin,ling,wahoo,bonito,and many others).

i am sure woody steered you in the right direction. his jigs do catch fish but enhancing them with cigar minnnows or spainish sardines improves the bite. don't be afraid to use really big live baits if you have some rods and reels that will handle a larger fish. we have caught large amberjacks using baits that were 3 to 5 lbs. you can also send some of the smaller fish you catch back down as bait. fish such as hard tails,bluerunners and snappers other than red snappers.

use circle hooks and keep them bass fisherman from trying to cross the fishes eyes when they set the hook. with the circles just crank down on the fish . have a great trip and post a report about your trip. if you go down the indian nation turnpike stop at the mc donald's on the turnpike in antlers and buy something i need the money.....rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts