2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off of the phone with Ray and he fell in a drain at a boat ramp and cracked his ankle in two places.He goes in for surgery tommorow and is going to miss most/all of his fall fishing trips.Any ideas on how we could help the guy out?

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,317 Posts
That didn't stop him last time he fell at the boat dock...

Man Ray, I'm sorry to hear that you've taken such a bad fall. You will definitely be in our prayers for a speedy recovery. Now that fishing is your livelyhood you can't afford to miss too many opportunities for charters. Let me know what I can do to help.

James

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
That's terrible,
Ray I hope it all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
Same idea as TH. Get Some things together and have an auction for Ray to help pay med bills.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Ray, I Wish I Had A Million Dollars....

I could help you out and then some. Man, I'm sorry that happened. That musta' hurt like a S_B. Take care of yourself my friend and get well soon. ComeFrom?

·
Administrator
23,852 Posts
Same idea as TH. Get Some things together and have an auction for Ray to help pay med bills.
The webspace and bandwidth to do this is on me, and I will donate the CoolChange rodrack, Rick has already built for me to the cause. Rick has it ready, and I was going to pick it up at the party, but will pay shipping from Rick's house to whoever wins it, as well as donating it to help out. I think it's serial number 2, because serial number 1 was the one SteveM bought on Saturday that I donated to the SCA banquet silent auction.

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Our prayers are that Ray heals quickly. I'll help any way I can.

Rick

Here's a picture of the rack:

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
this guide business is dangerous stuff.....between vibrio, and falling down, and breaking stuff on your body.......

I have a fillet knife, sans the handle........the knife is the same style as this one......
http://www.2coolfishing.net/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=8599

the handle will be different, however, it will be of stabilized material.....also it will have a sheath......build time may take a bit, but I will ship at my cost to the winning bidder.

Mont, or Capt. Cook, let me know if this is okay.

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
Capt RAy, Get well soon buddy.

I'll do what I can to help out, hopefully we can all push together and get some help on these medical bills.

FN

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone want to take on this task for Ray

Between soccer two days a week,cub scouts,fishing and work its all I can do to keep the grass mowed.I have a bran new never used chum churn that I won at a tournament that I can throw down and a snapper trip for two sometime next spring/summer.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Ray. Get better quick, bro! I can't do much as far as a benefit goes, being in Colorado and all. Mont, hit me with an address to send a check to help out.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Mont,
if it's appropriate I would also like an address for a donation. You can PM me if you want.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I spoke with

the patient (and his nurse Sheryl) earlier. He is in much better spirits than I would have thought. After his surgery, no weight on it for at least the first 3 weeks and possibly longer. The down side for Ray is he won't get to make much of a salary for the next couple of months. The upside is I told him he can fish with me any time and I'll take it easy on him to! LOL! Just think Ray, no pulling anchors, loading & unloading boats, picking up bait. You can even slack off on the yard work! Take it easy, we'll be praying for you in the morning. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything (or when you're ready to fish)!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Glen, Got your VM last night. I am in for whatever I can do. If someone needs to coordinate this I will gladly volunteer.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok Cool Deal

Like I said I have a chum churn and a snap trip.Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts