2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some family coming down to visit in a couple of weeks, and we have a beach house rented just west of jamaica beach. My question is which party boat service is better. I have been on the New Buccaneer several times and always done well, but have heard some great things about the Capt. Elliot. I know Freeport is closer to blue water than Galveston, but are there any other differences between the two.
Thanks-

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I am not a big fan of the Party Boat fishing. Too limiting. But I have been on several trips over the years with Friends that put these trips together. They are good for large groups. If we have 6 or less we usually book a private charter. More money but much better trip. More options for fishing. And alot more comfortable. Not so much a bottom fishing trip. I have fished both that you mentioned many times and I liked Capt. Elliots out of Freeport the best of the 2. I have not been on either in the last couple of years. Have fun with your family and good luck.

·
Registered
274 Posts
going out on the Cpt. Elliot 0n Saturday.(first time):dance:
will let you know how it went
hope i don't loose my cookies.

·
Banned
129 Posts
Captain elliot is the man. Last year around this time went out and caught limits of snapper, sevreal dorado, kings and more sharks than anyone can handle. Prepare to sleep like a baby that following night!!!

·
wishin i's fishin
68 Posts
Elliott's

hey cannon, me and my wife have gone out the last two summers with capt. elliott's and really done well. she wont go out with me in our boat. If you do decide to go with elliotts get there atleast an hour early so you can get a spot at the back of the boat. When you get your spot, ask the deck hand if he will catch you some piggys, they have got a good sized live well on the boat. We took our trip at the begining of june and caught our snapper limit, my wife ended up bringing in an extra 6 v-liners while I was free lining the piggys and got a couple of nice jacks and a decent king. tell the deck hand that you want to free line and he will rig you up.

good times with the old lady

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
if New Buccaneer is out of galveston which i think it is , it has been awhile like 6 years but i was on both .. capt elliot is a 5 star operation and they allow you bring food and drinks but galveston operation is mom and pop and first come first serve and they dont let you bring food or drink.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've been on the New Buccaneer probably 4 times now and I'm very pleased. I've always gone with my dad and some of his business friends so it's always been fun for us. One time we did hit some pretty good waves that made my dad sick. The cabin inside made you feel even more sick because the smell from all the food cooking fills the cabin. Anyways, I've heard good about both and I've done well on the new Buccaneer. Hope I helped a bit.

Jake

·
Registered
496 Posts
I prefer Captain Elliots. However, they stay booked pretty far out so if you are going in a few weeks Captain Elliots may not be an option.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies. My main question was if they were able to target any different species of fish, blackfin, grouper, etc. since freeport is closer to deeper water. I think I'm stick with the new buc this time since I'm taking a family and have always done well. They to have livewell for my piggies, and 5 spots waiting for me on the stern.

G

·
Just so happens I went out on the New Buccaneer last Tuesday, the people up front were rude, but the Capt. and crew were really cool. They put us on some great fish and all was good till we started back and lost an engine, took us about 5 1/2 hour to get back, that sucked! I've gone out on the Capt. John a couple of times and it was real good. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
cannonjb123, to answer your question, yes freeport is closer to deeper water, but they usually dont run farther than they need to for snapper and what not. I have fished the Capt Casey, Big E, and New Buccaneer. worked on the New Buc for several years. Great boat, excellent crew and captain, same goes for Capt. Elliotts operation. New buc, you can take some of your own food, but they ahve a full grill and galley on board that sells it, not bad prices either. freeport, you are on your own with food, take enough water! good luck, they are both good operations.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts