2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Scream'n Seamen
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a used 2390 Hydra-Sports Vector with twin 175 Fichts from a dealer in Houston. I remember meeting a guy in Matagorda a couple of years back at an SKA tourney in Matagorda that had this same set up (he might have had twin 150's; memory isn't that good). Anyway, I think his boat name was Capt. Black Hook, and I think he was a guide. Does anyone know who I am referring to because I would like to talk to him about the performance of this boat?

·
Registered
654 Posts
2390 Hydra-Sport

KingKatcher,

I have a 2001 2390 Vector with twin 150's. I have had the boat since March 2003 it has been a great boat for us. it feels alot bigger than 24' boat. really clean layed out boat with plenty of storage. Has 176 gal fuel tank, I average about 1.5mph. I wish that it had the 175's would help fuel useage. All I can say is take it for a ride, it handles well for a boat that size. Its about average in the wetness department, all center console are wet with a good cross wind. The only real problem we have had with the boat is we lost the computer on the port engine 2 weeks ago, all being taken care of by warranty. all I can say is we love the boat.

Andy

·
Registered
729 Posts
What year model

When dealing with a FICHT engine the year model is very important,the early models were junk and I'm speaking from 1st hand experience.I now have 03 twin 200's that I have put a lot of hours on the past two summers,I make a lot of long hard runs and they havnt missed a beat yet.I had a Hydrosport before my current boat and the hull was solid and seemed to be well built.

·
Registered
44 Posts

I own a 2001 Hydrasports 2390 vector with twin 175's, this is a great boat handles well and is built for offshore use.

·
Scream'n Seamen
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SeaCruz

Thanks to everyone for the replies. The engines are 2000's so they should be ok as far as the Ficht problems. I had heard that the 98-99's were the real problem child.

SeaCruz,
What is your speed at WOT and best cruise speed/rpm for fuel consumption?
Also, what kind of mpg can I expect at optimum cruise speed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts