2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for the 4th time in 6 months a shipping company has screwed up. The tapes for this weekend got left in a hub or a truck or something and they didn't make it here. UPS doesn't have a clue where they are or I'd go pick them up. I don't know about the rest of you but lately its been like pulling teeth just to get something delivered here. I doubt I could even find any around here or in Houston. They are super expensive in the stores. 3 for 25 bucks which means it would cost me 100 bucks to video if I bought them locally. I bought 50 at 130.00. Can't do anything about it. Its like living in a freaking 3rd world country.

Griz

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heading to Round Rock

Well I chewed my way through 4 people and finally got ahold of the Round Rock office. I'm heading out to try and pick up the tapes. Hopefully they aren't lying again and I can get them.

Griz

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
griz i really hope you can make it!!! i would love to see video of this new setup!!!

best of luck getting those tapes!!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wife made me stay home :)

Joyce decided it was best for her to go just in case they were lying again. She said she would rather go than come bail me out if the tapes weren't there:) After 25 years of marriage she knows me pretty well I. I found 5 tapes here I forgot I had so I told her to get 6 more if she can't get the ones I ordered. Now all I need to do is find a motel 6 nearby the track which shouldn't be too hard. I remember seeing several on my way to the track when I came down before. Time to get mapquest and motel6 up in the browser and find one. I'll be there though. I planned on leaving tonight but I'll have to wait until tomorrow now. Oh well saves me one night of motel cost.

Griz

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ready to go now

She just called me. She has the tapes in hand :) Got a room all ready to go now. Gonna wait until it cools off a bit and load up. I hope there is a big crowd. One of my vids that I did at the RC Pro series went over 10K hits :) Since it got on R/C Car Action's view tube the hits just keep rolling in. First one I've made that has gotten that many hits. I'll have to try and break that record this weekend :)

Griz

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
i just think you might do that griz!! im guessing at least 100 people this weekend.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent

I love lots of cars on the track. Always makes for a better video. Can't wait to try out my new stuff too. I have plenty of decals as well this time. I knew it was gonna be close on getting the tapes here. I can get them for a little over 2 bucks apiece when I buy 50 of them. But I didn't get paid until Tuesday so it was kinda close. Didn't want to pay for overnight or 2day so I figured 3 day would be ok. Almost screwed up on that one. Oh well with 50 tapes I should be good to go for the rest of this month into next month and then I won't be rushed ordering more.

Griz

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
griz do you have any big decals this time? ive still got bunches of the little ones

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope he didn't make them like I wanted

I only have 2 sizes. I asked for some of the big ones but I guess he misunderstood me :( I'll have to get some next time.

Griz

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
pretty packed house today for practice so i am thinkg a great turnout for tomarrow. Track is awsome and some footage to be had for you Griz. Cant wait till the am.......wwaahhhhoooooooooo.....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good deal

Yea I was just reading the posts on rcfiles. I'll be there by mid afternoon at the latest. Wanted to come down today but UPS screwed that all up.

Griz

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
Awsome day of quals. LCQ at 9:30am to get things fired up for the mains. great turn out and the track is awsome and getting better as mors cars run on it.....some nice air out there for you Griz.........

·
What About My Member?
498 Posts
glad you made it out griz. wait to see the vids. i really think the last batch of video you did for the HARC race helped with the turn out for the Regionals/
Thanks
Jerry

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
87 man you missed out the 1/8 expert main was by far the best race i have ever seen thanks to Jason.B and Dave.M

·
Registered
11 Posts
1/8 expert A main

so who won????? Had to leave right before that race,saw jason b. killing the comp. in the truggy main good race!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts