2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boat has a Shaw Wing Cavitation Plate with 5200 sealed tight, Jack Plate, and tilt/trim. I cant keep the prop wash from bubbling up and getting on Cowling when Im on plane. It does it with cross winds, head winds, and tail winds(I could rationalize it if I had a strong tail wind). The water was smooth to slight chop. What the heck?

Thanks

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
Buddy had a Mako that the lower unit was too long. Manual jack plate cured it. Not sure if this is your problem.

Biggie

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
I sounds like you might be running your motor too low. The Cav plate should be just above the water when you're on plane.

Try raising the motor until the plate is skimming along the top of the water. It's also a lot more efficient. If you are dragging that cav plate through the water, the drag is using up a lot of your power.

You might also need to play around with the trim a little as well to find the optimum running position.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Gottagofishin said:
I sounds like you might be running your motor too low. The Cav plate should be just above the water when you're on plane.

Try raising the motor until the plate is skimming along the top of the water. It's also a lot more efficient. If you are dragging that cav plate through the water, the drag is using up a lot of your power.

That's what my problem ended up being motor to low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts