2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive lately gotten more interested or wanting to take better pictures. i have an older point and shoot and have used my wifes cannon slr 35mm to play around with. I think i have her talked in to buying me a DSLR cammera for xmas, but not sure what is good for the money. i have looked at the Cannon XSI which is there lower quality camera, but reading some info on it, its not a bad body. i know its really the lenses that make for better photos, but can anyone tell me anything about this camera good or bad, should i look at something a few steps up the line? THANKS MIKE

·
5,853 Posts
Mike
I had the XSI, I really enjoyed it. If you get the kit, it will be a 18-55mm IS lens. I had no problems with that lens, worked great. Add a good zoom and your good to go.
Get the eneloop batteries (Frys) they seem to work the best and a 4-8g SD card, and have a good time with it.
As a matter of fact, If you do get it send me a PM, For 15.00 shipped to your door I have a AC power supply for that very camera I no longer need:).

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks stargazer, any thing you werent happy about on the XSI, or thought could be a little better. from what ive read its a good setup in a smaller camera basically. i know it has a slower shutter speed, but i wont be doing sports or anything that moves fast so im not woried about that. Thanks again. MIKE

·
5,853 Posts
Oh there wer a few things that could have been better, ISO, low light capabilities, AF speed to name a few...that why I sold it and moved to the 40 and 50D.
Its a good entry camera, but not as good as the Prosumer....If it will work for you then thats all that matters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts