2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of building a 14' piroue (sp) an will be doing some fiber glass work. The resin container says there are lots of cautions with the fumes. Never done any FG work before and wanted to know what kind of mask/canister equipment is necessary. Thanks for the help, daddyhoney

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I never found the fumes that bad if done in a decently ventilated area and not inside your house. Other than that, I didn't ever think it was that bad. Course, I didn't intentially put it in a bad and sniff it either. Woudn't do it next to any open flames while next to it however, just in case.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I purchased one of the canister mask from Woodcraft before Christmas. Mine is only for toxic dust, not fumes. They are around $45.00, but the replacement canisters are near $15.00.
If you are well ventilated you will probably be safe with a good top of the line disposable mask. You make the call.

Good luck on the job.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
The Lowes on Spencer/Beltway 8 had a display of mask today on clearance. I think they were priced down from 49.00 to 12.00. They looked good...may go back tomorrow and snag one.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback boys. Just what I needed to hear. It is epoxy resin and I will be well ventilated. I need to develope better habits about the big dust days with certain woods so I am picking up a bunch of regular dust masks just for that. Thanks daddyhoney.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts