2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're renting a place in a couple of weeks on Caney Creek in Sargent. As the creek flows its about 8 miles inland........about 3 miles as the crow flies. What can I expect of fishing this far up? And is the water still brackish? I know there will be cats but I don't travel from Waco to catch cats. I unfortunately don't have a boat and we will have many kids as its a family vacation so most fishing will just be off the dock at the property.

Ecoregion Map World Slope Organism

·
Registered
983 Posts
I've fished outta Sargent a lot but never that far upstream. But I've fished Bastrop Bayou and Oyster creek in the Brazosport area a lot cause That's my stompin grounds, That far upstream you can still catch reds and flounder. And bass in the same area. I've done it fairly often. And watch the tide change. Can bring fresh down and salt up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went way up Cainy to the bridge I could not get under and water was salty there ...... plenty extra large Gars seen....
we were on a recon mission ..... no fishing gear ... I would hit Mitchell Pass if water has cleaned up ......

·
Registered
149 Posts
I live in Live Oak Bend , you can catch redfish , trout , drum , small mangrove snapper , we have even caught small tarpon up here , try fishing under lights at night off the dock.
good luck have fun!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts