2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an idea of the spacin and placement on the guides so I can build my on SpirelStiX knock off. please post up you Stix.... thanx, JJ

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
I"m pretty sure

Miss Dixie said:
Being as this is a G-Rated board...I better keep my comments to myself on this one.
he's just jigging........doing a little trolling, trying to get a laugh or three......a few responses, to detract from some of the other posts on the board......if he really wanted pics, he could go to billy's site........

but hey, feel free to use bad language......just use the little ******'g asterixes.......lol

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
if it was me i would just ask

hi jumper
if i wanted to know how many teeth in a horse's mouth ,1 would just ask him.
but dont think i am offended, its really a nice complement to billystix?
first i have sorta been following you as well as a couple others kinda back stage, and what i see is that you are a builder that wants correct spacing on all things, well let stix say this, one of the reasons that the spiral stix is as popular as it is, is because billystix does not follow other builders, i look , i listen, and what i see is, no offense is the blind leading the blind?
all rod blanks are built differently even though the factory says they are not, i build billystix custom rods by the way a blank feels in my hands, plus by talking with the customer as much as i can!
spacing has a lot to do with the type reel used,the fish being sought as well as how the spacing works on the blank that you are currently building, if you look at 6 billystix spirals you will be totally confused , or you will say this guy does not have a clue, now this is the most truthful thing you can say about me? i do not have a clue, but i build a good spiral?
i hope i have not offended you in any way its just that i believe if you are going to build"custom" then it should be "custom", custom does not mean what i think most custom rod builders think, they seem to think that what they should do is out perform the other custom builders with some new fangle thing that they come up with. it doesnt seem to me that they are building for the person that is having a true custom rod built.
thats why you never see me on the custom board chating, i would rather be chatting with my clients helping them build a true custom rod.
immmmm gonna get off the band wagon, sorry if i got long winded.
stix
ps please dont take offense just my view?

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
Miss Dixie said:
Being as this is a G-Rated board...I better keep my comments to myself on this one.
Then why write anything at all. He just asked a question. Nothing wrong with someone wanting to build their own, especially if they dont have the money to buy the real thing. I think its safe to assume he is not going to start selling billy knockoffs.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
If you go to the allcoast-rod building board, and tell them the blank, they will give you spacing and degrees. Otherwise, if you are in Port O'C over the weekend, and I actually make it down there, you can take measurements off my custom spiral rod.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thank you billy. I have looked at your new site a lot. I really like the new site you got. I saw each and every picture you had. they are all good but only two or three show the stripper guide and the ones above it on the StiX. thanks for you help.

BertS, you must be kiddin. I posted to see what a StiX looked like that a TTMBer had. I didnt do this to get some laughs or ******** words. I'm sorry if thats the way you took it.

J, your right. I just asked a nice simple question so I can get an idea of the spacin and degree. I owuldnt dare sell a rod that was BillyStix knockoff. that would get me into big trouble.

I am not a rod builder. I want to be some day but for now its just a hobby. I havent even built a rod yet. just re-built 3 rods and a few butt wrapps. one for a freind and two for me. I havent made any money doin this and I dont intend to until I get half way decent at it.

I dont have enough money to buy the real thing so I build my own. I hope there is nothin wrong with that..............JJ

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
j-j you did good

hi j-j
no problem i have been watching the rod builder site a little, i did not know that you were in the learning process, so if i came out to hard then please forgive an old man, some times i forget some of my best advice, my son calls me down some time when i do what i would not allow him to do, so goes it ,you are never to proud to ask for forgiveness?
so i will try to remind my self to do what i preach, and that is " look before you leap" i almost did but almost aint good enough.
when you actually get ready to build if you will e mail me i will do my best to assit.
stix

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Billy, thanx for the offer. I owuld really like your advice on this. I cant get mad at you. can anyone? ... PM sent.........JJ

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Way to go guys thats the way this family should act towards one another. JJ good luck and youll be getting advice from the, BIlly your tooooo coooool brother.................later,Dave

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
JettyJumper said:
BertS, you must be kiddin. I posted to see what a StiX looked like that a TTMBer had. I didnt do this to get some laughs or ******** words. I'm sorry if thats the way you took it.
don't be bud.......I didn't think anything bad of you...I really thought from some of the humorous things you've posted before, you were just trying to divert some attention, from some of the harsher posts we had......I'm sorry, that I got a laugh out of it, instead of realizing you were indeed serious.

good luck, and be sure to post some pics of the progression. I'd be interested in knowing how much trouble it was to build yer own rod, and how long it took you.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts