2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father is sittin in the blind this morning and has 4 animals out in front of him. We are trying to figure out what the 4 animals are. We do have a few exotics on our place as we do border a big high fenced ranch. We are in the hill country. Can someone identify what these are? He commented there are 2 mommas with two youngins. He is currently waiting on one with the horns to show up.

He also commented that the mommas look to be around 180 lbs a piece. Bigger than any other whitetail does we have ever seen in the hill country

Attachments

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Really too hard to tell with that photo.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Looks like a waterbuck to me! Hold out for her boyfriend!!

·
Snow Goose & Spoony Nightmare
759 Posts
I first said siks ,but after rereading the post & the white markings it looks like on the neck & that weight you are posting,sounds too big to be a sika. I would lean to waterbuck too. Wish the pic was a little better.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Waterbuck def. looks to be the one. The white round his rear looks to be the tell tell sign. Wish he had a better pic, but thats all he could do with his camera phone outa the tower.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was also doing some research. They appear to get to grow to almost 600 pounds in africa. Are these does he saw, very young, or do they not get that big?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts