2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,768 Posts
"This investigation transpired when the victim reported several items including his laptop, a GPS, and his wallet were all stolen from his unlocked vehicle," the county Sheriff's Office said in a statement Tuesday.

Not much sympathy here.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
i agree. i hate a thief as much as anyone, but it's hard to feel too sorry for people who leave electronics, money, wallets, guns, etc, etc in their vehicles.

in my opinion, doing so is only contributing to the crime problem. don't leave stuff in your truck, and your stuff won't get stolen.

i have a bee gees and a barbra streisand cd sitting on my console. i think they actually scare burglars away.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
mastercylinder said:
i agree. i hate a thief as much as anyone, but it's hard to feel too sorry for people who leave electronics, money, wallets, guns, etc, etc in their vehicles.

in my opinion, doing so is only contributing to the crime problem. don't leave stuff in your truck, and your stuff won't get stolen.

i have a bee gees and a barbra streisand cd sitting on my console. i think they actually scare burglars away.
i see this comment on every one of these threads, an wile i agree that he should have locked his vehicle, i have to completely disagree with the victims fault mentality,

for a long time , my truck was my office , laptop was in it every time i was, if i made a routine stop for what ever , it was in there , according to this philosophy , it would have been my fault if it had gotten stolen , even though i could not work with out it,

and yes i know im going out on a limb here , but every time i hear this it makes me think of the court cases where the defense was , " Your Honor , if she hadn't dressed like she did , my client would not have raped her "

MC your are correct in that everyone should take precautions in protecting there belongings , but it doesn't excuse the crime.

i personaly hope he is caught by a Joe Horn wanbee rather than the police.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Mike Jennings said:
MC your are correct in that everyone should take precautions in protecting there belongings , but it doesn't excuse the crime.
i'm not saying it excuses, justifies, or makes the crime forgiveable in any way, mike. what i'm saying is that it invites thieves.

and, sometimes in these threads people often say something to the effect of, "it's my stuff, people have no right to enter my truck and steal it." well, duh, i agree, but that's what thieves do for a living ... they steal people's stuff.

i hate a thief as much as anyone, but thieves have been around since people lived in caves and carried clubs. thievery is not a phenomonon that arose in the 20th century. i understand that a lot of people's vehicles are their offices these days, but, if you leave your valuables in your vehicle, you are offering a thief a job, so don't be surprised when your stuff gets stolen. that's what thieves do.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
mastercylinder said:
i'm not saying it excuses, justifies, or makes the crime forgiveable in any way, mike. what i'm saying is that it invites thieves.

and, sometimes in these threads people often say something to the effect of, "it's my stuff, people have no right to enter my truck and steal it." well, duh, i agree, but that's what thieves do for a living ... they steal people's stuff.

i hate a thief as much as anyone, but thieves have been around since people lived in caves and carried clubs. thievery is not a phenomonon that arose in the 20th century. i understand that a lot of people's vehicles are their offices these days, but, if you leave your valuables in your vehicle, you are offering a thief a job, so don't be surprised when your stuff gets stolen. that's what thieves do.
i agree pard , maby i read more into your comment than i should have ,

i guess in all reality , we offer a criminal a job every time we walk out the house and leave it unattended

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
mastercylinder said:
maybe so. i'm not saying they deserve it - nobody deserves their stuff to be stolen - i'm just saying they invite it.
Invite it??? I never saw someone sporting a bumper sticker or t shirt that says, "please come on over and steal my stuff."

·
PETA & LIBS let Obama eat dogs.
4,471 Posts
Criminal

Hope someone recognizes the worthless POS and does him right. Arrest and court and a little jail time isn't fair-let the guy/folks he stole from have him and then go to his house and his family's house and take whatever you want, then leave a little something on his pillow-his picture makes him look like an upstanding human being.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Whats the deal with security cameras, when ever you see a pic from one the image is always of such poor quality. Heck some images you can only see that its human image. You can read a license plate from a satelite in orbit, but not a persons face in detail from 3ft away.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Mike Jennings said:
i see this comment on every one of these threads, an wile i agree that he should have locked his vehicle, i have to completely disagree with the victims fault mentality,

for a long time , my truck was my office , laptop was in it every time i was, if i made a routine stop for what ever , it was in there , according to this philosophy , it would have been my fault if it had gotten stolen , even though i could not work with out it,

and yes i know im going out on a limb here , but every time i hear this it makes me think of the court cases where the defense was , " Your Honor , if she hadn't dressed like she did , my client would not have raped her "

i personaly hope he is caught by a Joe Horn wanbee rather than the police.
I'm waiting for some jerk (you know who you are) to post up on the board saying "People lost houses, and you're crying about a little laptop and GPS?"

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Bobby Miller said:
Invite it??? I never saw someone sporting a bumper sticker or t shirt that says, "please come on over and steal my stuff."
if you leave your laptop, your gps, and your wallet in your truck, a bumper sticker is not necessary.

and, if you have a bumper sticker that says, "security courtesy of smith & wesson," or something like that, you might as well just leave your door open. it might save you the cost of a new window or lock.

people steal. if you leave valuable stuff in your truck, your valuable stuff will probably eventually get stolen. don't leave valuable stuff in your truck, and your truck may get broken into someday, but you won't lose all of your valuable stuff.

i hate thieves, but let's get real - the world is full of thieves.

·
Premium Member
15,768 Posts
If you aren't smart enough to lock up your valuables then the cops shouldn't have to waste their time on your case. flame away.

·
Registered
284 Posts
So let me see if I understand, if I am on my way home from work with MY laptop, MY GPS,and MY wallet, I should go straight home and unload all that stuff before I stop at a grocery store???? What a crock of BS.

If we accept that the world has gone that far, woe be to all of us.

mastercylinder said:
if you leave your laptop, your gps, and your wallet in your truck, a bumper sticker is not necessary.

and, if you have a bumper sticker that says, "security courtesy of smith & wesson," or something like that, you might as well just leave your door open. it might save you the cost of a new window or lock.

people steal. if you leave valuable stuff in your truck, your valuable stuff will probably eventually get stolen. don't leave valuable stuff in your truck, and your truck may get broken into someday, but you won't lose all of your valuable stuff.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Deep Hunter said:
So let me see if I understand, if I am on my way home from work with MY laptop, MY GPS,and MY wallet, I should go straight home and unload all that stuff before I stop at a grocery store???? What a crock of BS.

If we accept that the world has gone that far, woe be to all of us.
Well, if you don't want to accept it, then you will soon loose that laptop, GPS, and wallet.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Deep Hunter said:
yep, by golly, i think you've got it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
mastercylinder said:

MC likes thieves look at his past reports when I took up for a
neighbor..

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?p=1474276#post1474276

My guess he hasnt had anything stolen so he thinks he is immune or something.. Or maybe his stuff not worth stealing, maybe he has alot of old stuff not worth taking I dont know.. But doesnt make it right for him to say if you leave something in your truck it is your fault it gets broken into.I am willing to bet since my grandparents never locked there doors at there house or on there car and never had anything taken that crime has increased from the 50's on. Maybe its that kind of attitude that is causing the explosion in crime. You know .""Just look the other way when stuff happens no problems no worries LALALA"".""Oh you left a laptop in your car kinda brought that on yourself it was stolen"" .Maybe when we dont put up with crime and look out for one another things and each others homes, thieves might think twice,, just a thought..MC likes to stirr the pot but doesnt take criticism well. I am sure he will contact the moderators soon and have this post closed..

Leader of the anti pot stirring brigade..

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
boys will be boys and thieves will be thieves. That is until society says we have had enough and makes stealing very painful. I heard once that the country Turkey cut off people fingers, hands, arms when caught stealing. I also heard they do not have much theft. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts