2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In anticipation of the glass calm seas expected offshore POC for the Gathering I think it is not too early for you to give up some of your honey holes for Snapper (both red and mangrove), Tuna (both yellowfin and blackfin), Wahoo (big ones, lit up), Ling, Kings, etc. plus gps coords and movements of all weed patches holding big dorados. C'mon I know you have been holding out on us, now give it up.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I know where the fish aren't at! Snapper fishing as been pretty poor inside of 30 miles. I went out last week and managed about a dozen keeper snapper but we worked hard for them. Weedlines have been non existant under 30 miles and a few are 40+ but they are there one day and gone the next. Lots of scattered weed but not even a big glob to fish. Quite a few flying fish as well.

Gonna try to hit city service area manana if the seas allow it.

It might be worth heading out towards falcon nest and trolling east towards the breaks if you're looking to score a chance at a billfish/wahoo/dolphin. Blue water is in close so that should not be problem. I might would invest in a green Ballyhood Bisbee though ;)

If there are any shrimpers in deep water then you might have a chance at some tuna.Not sure if they will have made it out to deep water by then though.

You've always done pretty good catching fish out of POC. I might follow you this year. ;)

Get Wild

Eric

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
I know where the fish aren't also...........anywhere I have been fishing. I am starting to make my game plan for Saturday. I am thinking deep and alot of fast trolling. Maybe that way I can pick up some "hoo" and dolphins.

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, Heres what you need to do for our dorados

Take your truck to a salvage place and buy 10 used doors, 10 concrete blocks and a spool of 1/4 inch line. Take them offshore and anchor them with concrete blocks and take a GPS on each door. If you do about 10 of them tomorrow, they should all be holding Mahi by the gathering. You can give us all a list of the coords at the map party. See you there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Is the weather looking good for offshore for the gathering or is it bad any one have any idea?

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
I don't when or anything else about the gathering but I know things luck good for me to go fishing this weekend.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Eric - could you post up the #'s for Dutra? I have got Falcon and the East Breaks. Any other structure in that area that might be worth a spin on the troll?

Anyone buying a temp service for the event?

How about gas on the water? I will need some late Friday and again Saturday night or Sun. morning.

Finally, and sorry to have all these Q's, how about a roster of boats and available crew folks. It might make matching up a bit easier.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I don't have the numbers for Dutra. Hopefully somebody here on the board will. Just post up and you should have them.

There is the Fishing Center and Clarks that sell gas on the water. Froggy's might sale gas as well, but no totally sure. Clarks is on your right about 1/4 mile once u enter the ICW jetties and the Fishing Center is another 1/4 mile from there.

Get Wild

Eric

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Earnest heres a few off a Hiltons. 27 30 980-- 95 50 32027 31.360--95 50.880, 27 33.250--95 51.450, 27 31.700--95 50.600 I hope these help, altho mite not be as good as the numbers you were turned on to on your last journey (venture) but surley this trip to n fro will be less of an aventure than your last sea ya Sat or Sun at BYB WW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts