2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new. For father's day i told my dad that i'd join him in his love for fishing. Unfortunately, I really don't know anything about anything when it comes to big game fishing. So i decided to join your community in hopes of being able to communicate with my dad and not sound totally stupid. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Plus my younger brother makes fun of my ignorance.

Anyone going to Cabo San Lucas this season? My dad, brother and I want take our rig out there. I wanted to get a consensus on what to expect. Input or suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Don't have much advice Birdy but welcome to this great place, if your post falls down the ladder you may want to give it a bump Monday morning when there will be a LOT more traffic here. I have read plenty of posts about Cabo so I know alot of people here have the advice you are seeking. You may even want to do a search.

Again, welcome!

Stanky

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I'm going back a week from Tuesday. When your Dad is hooked up with his striped marlin, just keep saying things like "keep your rod tip up", "don't give it any slack", "I think it's finally tired", "how about another Pacifico, por favor". Just keep bombarding him with advice. ;)

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,271 Posts
birdy2880 said:
Hi I'm new. For father's day i told my dad that i'd join him in his love for fishing. Unfortunately, I really don't know anything about anything when it comes to big game fishing. So i decided to join your community in hopes of being able to communicate with my dad and not sound totally stupid. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Plus my younger brother makes fun of my ignorance.

Anyone going to Cabo San Lucas this season? My dad, brother and I want take our rig out there. I wanted to get a consensus on what to expect. Input or suggestions? Thanks
Welcome aboard Birdy, I don't have advise about Cabo, but I do have some about 2Coolfishing, treat folks like you would wanna be treated, and you will be welcomed here by many many folks... Good luck in your adventure down south, hope ya hang a trophy that you will never forget.....

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
going to cabo in aug for our second trip (wifes birthday every 5 years i have to take her)

try these guys out they are excelnt at putting you on fish, speak pretty good english, and they donate alot of time and money to charity ontop of all that, www.elbudster.com
and go to el squide roe while you are there (that is where we got engaged)
as for fishing, i am more of a hunter but i like to get out there in cabo and if all else fails do a little CHUMMIN. (had some 6-8 ft swells last time)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx

Lat22 said:
I'm going back a week from Tuesday. When your Dad is hooked up with his striped marlin, just keep saying things like "keep your rod tip up", "don't give it any slack", "I think it's finally tired", "how about another Pacifico, por favor". Just keep bombarding him with advice. ;)
Thanks for the quick lingo suggestions, I'll try it out this weekend before we actually go on our trip. My dad's taking me out for what he call "sea leg evaluation"...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tuna?

rangerjohn said:
going to cabo in aug for our second trip (wifes birthday every 5 years i have to take her)

try these guys out they are excelnt at putting you on fish, speak pretty good english, and they donate alot of time and money to charity ontop of all that, www.elbudster.com
and go to el squide roe while you are there (that is where we got engaged)
as for fishing, i am more of a hunter but i like to get out there in cabo and if all else fails do a little CHUMMIN. (had some 6-8 ft swells last time)
I will look them up today. Thanks.

I read a guide book today that said that we missed the marlin season and we should fish for tuna instead. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
There is always marlin in Cabo. Just more during certain times. Your Captain will let you know what's available. Its worth fishing more than one day. That way on the first day you may suggest that you just want to catch anything and the second try for a marlin.

Have fun!!

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
It's always striped marlin season in Cabo. The blues and blacks show up more late summer and early fall. If you find yourself fishing with dolphins all over the place, you're looking for tuna that are feeding underneath them. Tell your dad at this point, "Dang, I wish they'd put a cedar plug out there." :) He'll be impressed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.