2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I landed a free trip to Cabo which is nice since I sure can't afford it. I will be down there from Dec 26th to Jan 2.
Can I get some fishing advice? Think cheap!

Is it possible to find a group looking for one or two to fill spots on an all day trip?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was there in September and fished with Pisces fleet. They are great, but definitely not cheap. There was a guy on the same flight as us who just walked to the marina one morning and negotiated prices...he said he caught a lot of fish and although I don't remember the price, I do remember thinking that he paid FAR less than we did. Good luck

·
Always A Good Time
3,722 Posts
I fished with 'http://www.gotcaughtincabo.com/' a couple years ago. Todd has several boats they are all in A-1 condition. The gear and Crews were the best as well.

We fishED two days with Todd and two days we just walked up and negotiated deals with the Boats directly. One worked out okay, the other was joke. They drove us around acting like they were hunting for us but we never lost site of the Marinas. And, the boat lost a piston on the way in and had to be towed.

If I were you, I would contact Todd and see if he has any Charters that you can join in on to split cost of the boat? if he is willing to do that, you will be very happy with the trip. Otherwise, roll the dice with the the other boats.

One more thing, as you walk toward the Boats, you will be pestered by locals trying arrange a charter for you. Avoid these people and try and go directly to where the boats are.

Good luck and have fun. Cabo is Beautiful!

·
Registered
116 Posts
fished with pisces for a few years now and have always done well. crews work harder than any i've seen. they may not be the cheapest, but look at what they offer,license,lunch,drinks including beer if that's what you want.but also, check out the captains. it's pretty easy these days to research the capt you will be fishing with. you can make a deal just walking into the marina,but then you will need a license,lunch and drinks. after,you will need your catch cleaned and frozen to take home if you choose too. with pisces, that's included. these little things add up. if your decision comes down to a few dollars,mention this to the pisces contact you email. they have been very accommodating to us the 2 yrs when we book multiple days. nothing is written in stone. last trip in july:9 striped marlin,4 dorado over 30lbs,15 yft, largest 125lbs,4 roosterfish, 1 hellacious good time. whatever you decide to do, i only wish i was going with you!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help. I'm pretty excited. I'll post a story upon my return.

·
Lord, beer me strength!
5,041 Posts
if you want to catch mucho striped marlin, you are definitely going at the right time of the year. they will be close to the marina, too. So no need for the biggest, fastest boat in the fleet.

My only winter Cabo trip was in January 2001, caught a ton of stripes near the lighthouse - best day was 7...

Read the recent Pisces report...

http://piscessportfishing.com/fishreport.php

P.S. Pisces will try to hook you up with other folks for a charter, if you ask them. They aren't excited about it, because it can lead to hard feelings, etc. But if that's the only way you can swing it, then ask them...

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
We just got back yesterday. Fished Friday Dec 18 and Sunday Dec 20 with Red Rum Charters. We ended with nine striped marlin all within sight of town and/or lighthouse. Red Rum did a nice job for us.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Red Rum has a bit of a Texas connection as I understand it. Ryan is from California (mostly) and his wife is from Nebraska. They met at TCU. Very nice folks and they work hard for their clients. They also own a condo that was included in our package. Accomodations were very nice.

·
Registered
939 Posts
If you have someone prearranged to pick you up on arrival dont stop and talk to anybody until you get out of the airport. There will be tons of people trying to convince you they are the ones "supposed" to take you.

Have fun, the beer's cheaper than water:brew2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts