2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Iusedtofish
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I will be taking the wife to Cabo the 2nd week in June! YEE HAW!! Will be panga fishing out of San Jose for 2 days and Taking a cruiser out of Palmilla one day.
The YFT bite has not been real consistent lately. Striped marlin are the only thing that is consistent . Any of you guys have any trolling tackle recommendations?? I will be taking all of my Iron and grubs for the bottom dwellers. I was told that rapalas, manns, some trolling feathers and maybe a cedar plug or two. Your input will be greatly appreciated.
Adios,
Bret

· Iusedtofish
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug

Thanks for the reply, I haved fished with Gordo Banks Pangas before, but it was earlier in the year, we fished for Sierra's on small rapalas, and dropped live mullet down to the amberjacks. I am hoping to hook up with my 1st marlin, But will fish for whatever is biting. I think that I have my tackle narrowed down quite a bit. Not only am I taking my wife, but my Mom and my 11month old daughter, as well, so I wont have much room for my stuff. This way, my wife gets to fish too. I'll post a report and some photos when I return.
Adios,
Bret

· Iusedtofish
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys,
Thank you for your replies. I think that I have a pretty good Idea what to take with me. I appreciate your collective input. Now if I can wait until June 8, I will be allright.
Maybe, by the time I get back, the Wind gods will have heard our prayers and the gulf will calm down. At least long enough that we can all get offshore and have some fun.
Adios,
Bret

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.