2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent last week in Cabo. Fished two days with an outfit called Renegade Mike. Sweet little 31 sportfish with cummins power. Real nice guys.

Total take was nine striped marlin, and something like 11 or 12 mahi (I didn't really count those). All but two of the marlin came slow trolling live bait. Two hit trolled plastic. Plus, I lost a marlin to a self-inflicted cluster f, and I missed the hook up on yet another one. We also saw more fish surfing down swell that we simply could not interest in playing.

We fished stand up and Mike's crew was more than accomidating. They pulled the chair to give us plenty of room, and they were very patient in working with the Warden on her technique in a stand up harness. Their schooling came in quite handy when she foul hooked a marlin in the back. That turned into a serious rodeo which included the reel seat on a TLD 50 breaking with the fish at boatside.

Additionally, these guys went above and beyond to score live bait, including relatively long runs in poor conditions to reach the good mac. schools. The quality live bait seemed to make a big difference in that on both days, we flew more laundry that most boats. Plus, the capt. and crew really seem to give it their all. We were one of the first boats to leave dock in the a.m. and one of the last to come in each day.

All in all, we had a blast, and I definately plan to use Renegade Mike again next time I am in Cabo.

·
Goin' South
833 Posts
A fishing report!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Ernest, thanks for the great report. I actually really miss that place. Especially, this time of year. Sounds like you found a good boat. It is so nice when you don't get treated like a stupid ******!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mike is 1 hell of good guy, I have fished with him in the past and will fish with him again. If he worked half as hard for you as he did for me you noticed he got into it big time. Congratulation on your trip sounds cool, I cant wait to get back to Cabo and fish with him again.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mike is definitely a great guy and a lot of fun to fish with. Fished with him earlier this year and hope to do it again soon. Anyone going to
Cabo should look him up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts