2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traveling to Cabo at the end of January for my honeymoon. I need a ride from the airport to the hotel. Anyone have any experiences with any? I'm trying to get this figured out before I get there.

I know not to talk to anyone inside the airport because of timeshare stuff.

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
Talk to your hotel..they set up the transportation from the airport to their location and back. Don't try to arrange it yourself. Most have a US 800 number.

·
Lord, beer me strength!
5,041 Posts
I always just run the gauntlett of timeshare coyotes until you I am almost out of the airport, then you can hire a regular ol' taxi. It will be a big blue van, and will cost about $80 or so if I recall. But it's a no BS deal...

·
Registered
610 Posts
I always use Cabo Airport Transfers 866-348-6286. They have Suburbans and Escalades, very clean and nice.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Just get a cab and you won't have to stop at every hotel on the corridor. Tell them to take the toll road and you'll get there quicker.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
http://www.graylineloscabos.com/

I've used this outfit twice and I believe most of the major hotels use them as well. You may save a few bucks booking direct. Whatever you do, do not stop until you see sunlight outside the airport. The timeshare idiots will tell you they are there to pick you up etc

·
Worldangler
1,385 Posts
Cabo Transfer

I travel to Cabo all the time. You actually fly into San Jose Del Cabo. Cabo San Lucas is about 50-60 miles away.

Taking a taxi from the airport is your best bet - it's about $75 one way. As others have said, don't stop until you are OUT of the building. The timeshare folks have been a little less intrusive lately.

Shuttles are a cheaper option, but they will stop at every hotel, or bus stop along the way. This makes your ride from the airport to Cabo San Lucas several hours at least (had a buddy that tried it once and it took him 4.5 hours!) vs. about 40 minute taxi ride. Your choice. Plus in a private taxi you can stop a pick up some beer - most shuttles won't let you drink.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cabo

Contact your hotel. In the event you will be staying with Pueblo Bonito Resorts they have door to door transfer both ways. In 2008 it was 60.00 per person, no stops but for PB includes arrival and departure dated for the 60.. We have used them for the past 10 years and are returning in July. I'm sure the other hotels have the same deals.

·
One day at a time!!
812 Posts
When I went a couple years ago we got a taxi at the airport. It was about $75, but we stopped at the first corner store to pickup beer and drank on the way to where we were staying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts