2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Cabo this weekend. I've fished on the El Budster with Salvador Sportfishing a few years and had great success. Tried to book the same boat and it was locked up for the day I needed. Salvador reserved us the Bandito, which he said was a larger boat and I'm curious what to expect. We'd like to try for tuna if possible, then go for the striped marlin and Dorado if time allows etc. Anyone ever fished on this boat? Fished this time of year? Just curious if tuna is even a possibity. I was told I could talk to the captain upon arrival but I would like for my expectations to line up with reality as well.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I've had good luck with the El Budster crew too. I'd suggest asking the captain what's biting and the chances of getting into the species you're targeting. I wanted to try for roosters the last trip out and we tried, but none were to be had...in hindsight, I wasted a couple of hours that could have been used targeting fish that were biting.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^^^^ And that's the main point of this post...using our time wisely. The wife is going this time and "says" she'd like to catch a tuna and if course so would I. She has never been offshore fishing and the largest fish she's caught are our local redfish. When I say I'd smile so hard I'd crack a tooth if she caught just one tuna (her bucket list fish)and that was it for the day. However, wasting our time looking for something that doesnt exist doesn't sound too appealing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very few tuna being caught right now, there are only a few of the larger boats making the long run to target tuna.
Some of the boats are running 40 miles for tuna. There is always a chance you get lucky and come across some dolphin and there be some tuna with them. Just my opinion but I'd target what the captain says they are catching.
Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very few tuna being caught right now, there are only a few of the larger boats making the long run to target tuna.
Some of the boats are running 40 miles for tuna. There is always a chance you get lucky and come across some dolphin and there be some tuna with them. Just my opinion but I'd target what the captain says they are catching.
Good luck!!!!
I kinda figured as much and that is how it worked in the past. I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm headed to Cabo this weekend. I've fished on the El Budster with Salvador Sportfishing a few years and had great success. Tried to book the same boat and it was locked up for the day I needed. Salvador reserved us the Bandito, which he said was a larger boat and I'm curious what to expect. We'd like to try for tuna if possible, then go for the striped marlin and Dorado if time allows etc. Anyone ever fished on this boat? Fished this time of year? Just curious if tuna is even a possibity. I was told I could talk to the captain upon arrival but I would like for my expectations to line up with reality as well.
You should try JCs sport fishing, they are located in the plaza just down from Tanga Tanga Tanga. Always had great trips with those guys.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice folks!!! I called Pisces and was told I'd get a callback with some details... didn't happen. No big deal; seeing as how I had a good experience on the El Budster I booked with Salvador again. The Budster was booked for the date we wanted, so we ended up with The Bandito for this coming Weds.. Boy am I ever looking forward to it!!! If it's anything like before, the boat ride and experience itself will far outweigh the catching.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts