2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be sitting in my tripod 17yrds from the action. I'm so anxious I can barely think of anything else. I've been shooting 1-2" grouping for the past couple of months but I know it will be a different story with the adrenaline running through my veins.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ready!!!

I'm headed to the family ranch in Menard county this weekend to do a little scouting and get everything ready for bow/gun season. It is calling for a high of 74 on Sunday and I can't wait. I'm so ready for fall it isn't even funny. Should be a great year with the conditions we had this past spring and summer. I've already seen some quality bucks on the place.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I'll be doing the same thing myself near Crockett, waitin out an East Tx bruiser. Good luck guys, can't wait for pictures.

·
Vendor
2,793 Posts
Stuck

I'll be stuck at a birthday party. Well, the fact is kids are more important than deer anyway. But come Sunday........ I'm cuttin' hair in Rocksprings!! Good luck to all the bowhunters! Take plenty of pics!
Later,
Outcast

·
Dawn Patrol
177 Posts
Three Rivers

I am heading down Monday morning for a dove shoot/hog hunt. I finally got the Razortec zeroed in and anything less than 35 yards is as good as dead.

Hopefully all of the little piggies on the stealth cam pics will still be hungry, 'cause I am dying to find out what my new Grim Reaper broadheads will do to one.....Good luck to all of you tree-huggers and wear your safety harness.....Evan

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm back.

Well got back from the ranch yesterday. Got all my work done that I wanted to and made the mistake to sit in one of the better stands on the place just to see what I could. Ended up seeing a really nice 8 and then a show stopper steps out. A NICE 10 pt. Now I won't be able to sleep for several day. What I would have given for it to opening weekend with my .270 by my side. Oh I'll just have to wait and hope he comes back again.

·
Gone Fishing
12,003 Posts
Ill be in Centerville as well, Its a whole nother story when that deer gets so close. That grouping we mastered all summer just got harder...trust me.

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah! When they get within 20yrds.

+ or - it's a whole other ball game. I can still remember the rush I got last year as I sat out for the first time with my bow and had them at 26yrds. Rookie mistakes led to my cover being blown but it was still awsome.

This year I'll be 14' up with a whole arsenal of camo and scent block accessories. All I need to worry about is the adrenaline that will be flowing through my body. If I can get that under control... I just might get to stick one.

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Wildman said:
.......... What I would have given for it to opening weekend with my .270 by my side. Oh I'll just have to wait and hope he comes back again.
We are on an MLD Program. So the 300 mag. WILL be by my side Saturday!!:wink:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Must Be Nice!!!

TxPalerider,

Well good luck and don't get to shakin' to much when ole big boy walks out. I'll hopefully be throwin' carbon sticks at'em this weekend!!!!By the way the Honda Fourman is taking the hill country rocks like a champ. Thanks again for getting me in touch with your buddy.

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Good Luck to you too. Glad to here the atv is working out. In fact, I talked to him the other day. I'm about to start selling some atv's with him myself. Let me know if you got any buddies need one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well I am hoping a good management buck messes up and steps out too close. Almost sucks being an outfitter and not being able to shoot a true blue trophy. I guess it has other rewards though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts